LINGUIST List 23.2908|
Mon Jul 02 2012
Calls: Text/Corpus Linguistics/Spain
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Chelo Vargas-Sierra <chelo.vargasua.es>
Subject: 5th International Conference on Corpus Linguistics
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 5th International Conference on Corpus Linguistics
Short Title: CILC2013
Date: 14-Mar-2013 - 16-Mar-2013
Location: Alicante, Spain
Contact Person: Chelo Vargas-Sierra
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://web.ua.es/en/cilc2013/
Linguistic Field(s): Text/Corpus Linguistics
Call Deadline: 14-Jan-2013
5th International Conference on Corpus Linguistics: Corpus Resources for Descriptive and Applied Studies: Current Challenges and Future Directions
14-16 March 2013
University Institute of Modern Applied Languages (IULMA), University of Alicante (Spain)
The Spanish Association of Corpus Linguistics (AELINCO) and the local Organizing Committee are pleased to announce that the 5th International Conference on Corpus Linguistics (CILC2013) will be hosted by the University Institute of Modern Applied Languages at the University of Alicante on 14 to 16 March 2013.
Call for Papers:
Since corpus work has taken on a more relevant role in descriptive and applied studies on the various facets of language, availability and variety of electronic corpus and tools for their exploitation and analysis have proliferated and many more are on the horizon. The availability of such diverse resources offers many opportunities for researchers, language professionals, and language services providers. However, learning to use and apply these resources still poses serious challenges. The theme for this conference edition is 'Corpus Resources for Descriptive and Applied Studies: Current Challenges and Future Directions' and its aim is to promote the submission of proposals for oral presentations and posters on issues related to:
- New theoretical issues arising from the work with corpus in the current scenario
- Applications of corpora for terminology, translation, lexicography, teaching and language acquisition, etc.
- The creation of corpus and its exploitation in descriptive and applied research
- The use of technologies for the analysis of texts for different purposes
- Advances in computer technology for the compilation, use and analysis of corpus.
- Corpus and ICT
As in previous editions, two pre-conference workshops will be held on Wednesday 13 March 2013. The first one will deal with 'Tools and Techniques for Using Multilingual Corpora in Translation', and the second one with 'Corpus-based Language Learning/Teaching'. More detailed information will be provided in the second call.
The Organizing Committee of CILC2013 invites scholars and researchers to submit paper and poster proposals (abstracts) related to the theme of this edition, within any one of the following nine thematic panels established by AELINCO:
1. Corpus Design, Compilation and Types, chaired by Dr. Francisco Alonso Almeida, Universidad de las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
2. Discourse, Literary Analysis and Corpora, chaired by Dr. José Luis Oncins, Universidad de Extremadura.
3. Corpus-based Grammatical Studies, chaired by Dr. Isabel Moskowich Universidade da Coruña.
4. Corpus-based Lexicology and Lexicography, chaired by Dr. Pedro Fuertes Olivera, Universidad de Valladolid.
5. Corpora, Contrastive Studies and Translation, chaired by Dr. María de los Ángeles Gómez, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela.
6. Corpora and Linguistic Variation, chaired by Dr. María José López Couso, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela.
7. Corpus-based Computational Linguistics, chaired by Dr. Antonio Moreno Sandoval, Departamento de Lingüística, Lenguas Modernas, Lógica y Filosofía de la Ciencia - Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
8. Corpora, Language Acquisition and Teaching, chaired by Dr. Raquel Criado Sánchez, Universidad de Murcia.
9. Special Uses of Corpus Linguistics, chaired by Dr. Isabel de la Cruz Cabanillas, Universidad de Alcalá de Henares.
Guidelines and Deadline for Abstract Submissions:
Abstract Submission Information:
Abstracts can be submitted from 2 July 2012 until 14 January 2013.
Paper and poster proposals must be abstracts written in English or Spanish, and should contain between 500 and 550 words (excluding references). Abstracts must be in MSWord (doc or docx). The file name should contain at least the first three words of the title followed by '_text' (e.g., Corpus_driven_studies_text.doc/docx).
The author's name or affiliation must not be included anywhere in this file. Abstracts must be submitted through an Easy Abs link:
When filling out the abstract submission form in EasyAbs, please choose only one panel and only one type of contribution.
Abstract Rating Information:
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed from 15 January 2013 until 11 February 2013. Authors will be notified of their acceptance after 11 February 2013. However, if the abstract is submitted before 15 December, there would be an earlier response of acceptance/rejection.
Chelo Vargas-Sierra (cilcua.es)
Miguel Ángel Campos-Pardillos
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 02-Jul-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.