LINGUIST List 23.3403|
Tue Aug 14 2012
Jobs: Comp Ling: Acoustic Modeling Research Engineer, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: None Given <EMEAJOBSnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Acoustic Modeling Research Engineer, Nuance Communications, Merelbeke, Belgium
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Merelbeke, Belgium
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Acoustic Modeling Research Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on
developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice
to take command of information. Our people and our technology
have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world,
ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and
emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that
intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of
knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and
intelligently with the world.
Role: Acoustic Modeling Research Engineer
Location: Merelbeke, Belgium
- You will develop and deliver language specific components such
as acoustic models to the product teams and to professional services
- You will report to the ASR Languages Manager of the embedded
automotive ASR group within the Mobility division.
- Application of available algorithms and tools for producing acoustic
models or statistical language models for a specific language.
- Localizing natural language dialogue modules towards a specific
- Contributing to the improvement, design, implementation,
evaluation, optimization and testing of new algorithms, tools and
- Supporting our professional services teams to contribute to
customer project success.
- Assisting senior team members in research tasks.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in acoustic modeling, NLU, statistical language
modeling or machine learning techiques is recommended.
- Working in Windows and linux environments comes natural to you.
- Good software skills are required, especially a scripting language
like Perl or Python in a Linux/Unix environment.
- You are a team player, willing to take initiative, and are goal
- You have a strong sense of precision and quality in your daily job.
- You are fluent in English and you can write high quality
- Good C/C++, Python or Java software development skills.
- Additional background in computational linguistics is a plus.
- You illustrate your interest in languages by speaking at least two
- Relevant work experience in a commercial or academic
- You have a University degree in linguistics, engineering,
mathematics or physics.
- A PhD degree in a related field is a strong asset.
- Additional training in speech recognition and computational
linguistics is a plus.
To apply, please visit the application URL below and enter reference
Application Deadline: 14-Feb-2013 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: EMEAJOBSnuance.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.nuance.com/careers
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 14-Aug-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.