LINGUIST List 23.3413|
Tue Aug 14 2012
Jobs: Comp Ling; Text/Corpus Ling: Speech Scientist, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: None Given <EMEAJOBSnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Speech Scientist, Nuance Communications, Cambridge, United Kingdom
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Speech Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonology; Text/Corpus Linguistics
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on
developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice
to take command of information. Our people and our technology
have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world,
ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and
emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that
intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of
knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and
intelligently with the world.
Role: Speech Scientist
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Develop acoustic and language models for a variety of languages
for mobility projects to meet product accuracy and speed
- Manage large speech data resources, including text normalisation
and selection of data.
- Reports to the Acoustic Modelling Research manager.
- Preparation of large text and audio corpora for language
- Build and deliver acoustic and language models for products.
- Improve training environment to increase the efficienty of the
language development process.
- Investigate training strategies to optimize accuracy of our speech
- Address language specific issues to optimize acoustic and
language model build.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Understanding of speech recognition algorithms.
- Experience with C/C++, scripting using Perl, Python and csh in
- Strong desire to work on and solve engineering problems.
- Masters / honours degree in speech recognition, computer science
or electrical engineering.
- Experience of ASR language development.
- Good analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Experience with ASR data resources.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a casual yet
technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic,
entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of
continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit the application URL below and enter reference
Application Deadline: 14-Feb-2013 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: EMEAJOBSnuance.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.nuance.com/careers
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 14-Aug-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.