LINGUIST List 23.3418|
Tue Aug 14 2012
Jobs: Comp Ling: Senior Language Modeling Scientist, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: None Given <EMEAJOBSnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Senior Language Modeling Scientist, Nuance Communications, Cambridge or Marlow, United Kingdom
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Cambridge or Marlow, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Senior Language Modeling Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on
developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice
to take command of information. Our people and our technology
have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world,
ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and
emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that
intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of
knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and
intelligently with the world.
Role: Senior Language Modeling Scientist
Location: Cambridge or Marlow, United Kingdom
REF: 7471 or 7749
- Nuance is looking for Senior Research Scientist specialising in
Language Modeling to help in the development of Nuance's Voice
Mail to Text Platform.
- Responsible for conducting and managing research projects in the
field of language modeling.
- These projects are aimed at accuracy improvements as well as
implementing innovative features, including literature research,
assessment of alternative approaches, prototyping, experimental
evaluation and productization support.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in computer science,
computational linguistics, applied mathematics or a related field.
- Background in speech technology, natural language processing
and/or applied statistics.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical
language modeling, including estimation methods, smoothing,
pruning, efficient representation, interpolation, etc.
- Good software engineering skills, knowledge of scripting
languages (e.g. shell scripting, Perl) and experience working under
both Linux and Windows.
- Solid written and oral communication skills (English).
- Advanced Degree Level.
- Experience working with HTK, CMU toolkit, SRILM or similar.
- Experience with exponential language models, discriminative
training, unsupervised adaptation and training.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: machine learning,
statistical modelling, information retrieval, data mining and
- Have worked on a live application or service that includes speech
- Fluent in a second, non-English language.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a casual yet
technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic,
entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of
continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit the application URL below and enter either
reference numbers 7471 or 7749.
Application Deadline: 14-Feb-2013 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://www.nuance.com/careers
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 14-Aug-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.