LINGUIST List 23.3543|
Fri Aug 24 2012
Jobs: Comp Ling: Senior Speech Scientist, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: None Given <EMEAJOBSnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Senior Speech Scientist, Nuance Communications, Cambridge, United Kingdom
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Senior Speech Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on
developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice
to take command of information. Our people and our technology
have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world,
ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and
emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that
intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of
knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and
intelligently with the world.
Role: Senior Speech Scientist
Location: Norwich, UK or Aachen, Germany or Montreal, Canada or
- Research engineer reporting into the TTS speech generation
innovation team lead by Vincent Pollet.
- Major duties & responsibilities include the development &
implementation of advanced, and improved methods of speech
modeling through statistical methods and translate research results
- Investigation & development of novel methods of synthesis through
research into statistical models.
- Implementation of novel algorithmic methods within the Vocalizer
- Collaborate with researchers, software engineers & linguists in the
TTS team and beyond
- Provide guidance and support to other TTS team members as
- Provide support for customer queries and requests as required
- Monitor & remain current with latest external research
- Skills and experience required
- Strong coding and scripting skills, thorough background in relevant
mathematical and statistical subjects e.g. HMM & machine learning.
- Parallel, distributed and grid computing skills.
- Post-doctoral (or equivalent through experience)
- Canidates could be based in either
- Statistical parametric text-to-speech synthesis using HMMs and
- Speaker adaptation using the MLLR or MAP family of techniques;
- Familiarity with software tools such as HTK, HTS, Festival
- Familiarity with modern machine learning.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a casual yet
technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic,
entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of
continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit the application URL below and enter reference
Application Deadline: 14-Feb-2013 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: EMEAJOBSnuance.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.nuance.com/careers
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 24-Aug-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.