LINGUIST List 23.3591|
Tue Aug 28 2012
Jobs: English; General Linguistics; Syntax: Data Annotator, About.com
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: About.com <linguisticsjobsabout.com>
Subject: English; General Linguistics; Syntax: Data Annotator, About.com
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: About.com
Web Address: http://www.about.com
Job Rank: Data Annotator
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Syntax
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Position: Linguistic Data Annotator (Part-time)
Location: USA: CA, IL, MI, NH, NY, UT, WA
**This position has been filled.
About.com is looking for skilled linguistic annotators to perform data
annotation tasks. The candidate must have extensive knowledge of grammar,
sentence structure, understanding of parts of speech, and command of US
English. The ideal candidate has experience in linguistics, particularly syntax
at the university level. This position calls for a motivated and meticulous data
annotator who is both accurate and efficient.
- Annotate and bracket syntactic phrases.
- Verify and correct part of speech annotation for accuracy.
- Thorough understanding of linguistics (especially syntax), preferably
through academic experience.
- Access to a reliable Internet connection.
- Native US English speaker.
- Social media savvy.
- Able to commit to at least 20 hours a week.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong communication and time management skills in multiple mediums
(email, IM, Skype, phone).
This is a temporary part time position that is expected to last three to four
weeks based on candidate's experience.
Competitive hourly rate of $15 to $20 based on demonstrated ability and
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Email Address for Applications: linguisticsjobsabout.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 28-Aug-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.