LINGUIST List 23.3622|
Wed Aug 29 2012
Calls: Translation/ Linguistica Antverpiensia New Series (Jrnl)
Editor for this issue: Brent Miller
From: Katrien Lievois <katrien.lievoisartesis.be>
Subject: Linguistica Antverpiensia New Series
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Linguistica Antverpiensia New Series
Call Deadline: 31-Oct-2012
Multilingualism at the cinema and on stage: A translation perspective
Guest editors: Adriana Şerban (University of Montpellier 3, France) and Reine Meylaerts
(KU Leuven, Belgium)
Multilingualism at the cinema and on stage is a fascinating but, as yet, under-researched subject area in Translation Studies. We would like to contribute towards filling the publication gap with an interdisciplinary volume which will present the best of what has been done already and will set trends for the near and medium-term future.
We invite contributions on the following topics:
- Reasons for and implications of multilingualism at the cinema and on stage
- The aesthetics of multilingual film and theatre performance
- The ethics of representation and of multilingual transfer
- Translation strategies
- Translators and interpreters in films and on stage
- Reception and audiovisual cognitive processing by the audience
- Accessibility to multilingual films and theatrical productions
- Technologies for multilingual translation
- Send 450-500 word abstracts in English or French accompanied by a 100-150 word bio note to Adriana Şerban at adriana.serbanuniv-montp3.fr by 31 October 2012.
- Notification of acceptance of proposals: 1 December 2012.
- Deadline for articles (6000-7000 words, including references): 30 April 2013.
- Acceptance of articles: 1 July 2013.
- Publication: October-November 2014.
- Style sheet: http://www.lans-tts.be/Stylesheet.htm
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 29-Aug-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.