LINGUIST List 23.3849|
Sat Sep 15 2012
Calls: Applied Ling, Translation, Language Acquisition, Socioling/Portugal
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Luis Guerra <lspguevora.pt>
Subject: International Meeting on Languages, Applied Linguistics and Translation
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: International Meeting on Languages, Applied Linguistics and Translation
Short Title: LALT2012
Date: 06-Dec-2012 - 07-Dec-2012
Location: Evora, Portugal
Contact Person: Luis Guerra
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://llat2012.blogspot.pt/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics; Translation
Call Deadline: 22-Oct-2012
This meeting aims at providing an overview of the current theory and practice, exploring new directions and emerging trends, sharing good practice, and exchanging information regarding foreign languages, applied linguistics and translation. The meeting is an excellent opportunity for the presentation of current or previous language learning and translation projects funded by the European Commission or by other sources.
Call for Papers:
Proposals are invited for one or more of the following topics, in any of the languages of the meeting:
- Foreign language learning/second language acquisition
- CMC/ICT based language teaching and learning
- Teaching languages to young learners
- Languages in the academic, professional and scientific fields
- Language planning and language policy
- Discourse/textual analysis
- Translation studies
- Translation in FL/SL learning
- Culture and language learning/translation
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
The languages of the meeting are English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.
Each presentation will last for 20 minutes + 10 minutes for discussion. A PC with Microsoft PowerPoint and video projector will be made available to all speakers.
- Abstracts should be 200-300 words.
- Submit your abstract by mail to LLAT2012UEgmail.com.
- Abstract submission deadline: October 22, 2012
- Notification of acceptance deadline: November 13, 2012
- Please use the Abstract Submission Template available at http://llat2012.blogspot.pt/.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 15-Sep-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.