LINGUIST List 23.3915|
Thu Sep 20 2012
Jobs: Statistical Natural Language Processing: Associate Computational Linguist, AskZiggy, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Kyle Grove <assistantask-ziggy.com>
Subject: Statistical Natural Language Processing: Associate Computational Linguist, AskZiggy, Inc., California, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: AskZiggy, Inc.
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.ask-ziggy.com
Job Rank: Associate Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Statistical Natural Language Processing
AskZiggy, Inc. is hiring an Associate Computational Linguist to add to our
growing team. AskZiggy is a leader in intent-driven voice-activated
multimodal interface utilizing natural language understanding. We are working
closely with a growing number of large publically-traded corporate partners to
provide customized domain-aware agents that converse naturally and
efficiently with their users.
- A growing, dynamic, and harmonious team of software developers.
- All techies here, really. From the CEO down we are software developers,
first and foremost, who lead by example and give self-starting, engaged
employees the independence and room for creativity they need.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about developing useful and flexible
applications that use natural language to help users accomplish tasks.
- Located in Rocklin, CA near Sacramento.
- Competitive pay and benefits, including a comprehensive health care plan
and stock options.
- Equipment and infrastructure that developers need to develop products.
You definitely have:
- Both the independence to contribute to design decisions and the ability to
implement software designs on a deadline.
- Excellent multitasking, troubleshooting, and communication ability.
- The ability to rapidly absorb information and self-teach.
- The ability to take guidance and compromise.
- A BS or graduate degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or
- Expertise programming in one or more of C, C++, C#, or Java.
- Coursework or equivalent experience in one of the following: Computational
Linguistics, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Machine
Learning, or Human Language Technologies.
- Experience with probabilistic sequence tagging and information extraction.
It would be highly desirable for you to have:
- Experience programming in one or more of: Python, Scala, Clojure or other
languages targeting the JVM or .NET.
- Experience with Information Retrieval, Named Entity Recognition, MaxEnt
classifiers or logistic regression.
Application Deadline: 01-Nov-2012 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: assistantask-ziggy.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 20-Sep-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.