LINGUIST List 23.4365|
Thu Oct 18 2012
Calls: Sociolinguistics, Applied Linguistics/Canada
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Thomas Ricento <lppucalgary.ca>
Subject: Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2013
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2013
Short Title: LPP2013
Date: 05-Sep-2013 - 07-Sep-2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta,
Contact Person: Thomas Ricento
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Sociolinguistics
Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2013
This international conference will be held at the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada. We invite discussion that approaches language policy from a variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives, and in a variety of contexts, from the local/institutional to national/global.
Denise Réaume, University of Toronto
Suzanne Romaine, University of Oxford
Selma Sonntag, Humboldt State University
Call for Papers:
This year we are accepting submissions for paper presentations and colloquia.
We invite abstracts (300 words maximum) for submissions in any of the following areas:
- Language policy and political theory
- Official language policies
- Language policy and lingua franca
- Heritage language policies
- Language policy and globalization
- Ideologies and language policies
- Language policies in school settings
- National identities and language policies
- Language policy and the economics of the workplace
- Non-official languages in mainstream classrooms
- Language policies and social mobility
- Language attrition, language revitalization and language policies
- Language policies and transnational communities
The deadline for submissions is February 28, 2013.
Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by at least two experts in the field. Final decisions will be sent to authors by April 15, 2013.
Each paper presentation should be 30 minutes, including discussion time. Colloquia can be for 100 minutes (3 papers) and 180 minutes (up to 6 papers). Papers should be presented in English. You can submit a maximum of two contributions, one as first/sole author and one as second author or discussant.
For more information, please visit our website at http://educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 18-Oct-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.