LINGUIST List 23.4393|
Sat Oct 20 2012
Calls: Language Acquisition/Japan
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Tomoko Sekiguchi <sekiguchkeyaki.cc.u-tokai.ac.jp>
Subject: 13th Annual Conference of the Japan Second Language Association
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 13th Annual Conference of the Japan Second Language Association
Short Title: J-SLA2013
Date: 01-Jun-2013 - 02-Jun-2013
Location: Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
Contact Person: Masanori Bannai
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.j-sla.org/
Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition
Call Deadline: 12-Feb-2013
J-SLA2013 (13th Annual Conference of the Japan Second Language Association)
June 1 and 2, 2013
Chuo University (Tama Campus)
Plenary speaker: Susan M. Gass (Michigan State University)
For more information, please view our website:
Call for Papers:
Abstracts are invited for papers or poster presentations on any theoretical or empirical area of research in second language acquisition (SLA).
Oral presentation of papers will be allotted 40 minutes (30 minutes for presentation, followed by 10 minutes for discussion).
Deadline for receipt of abstracts: February 12, 2013
Notification of acceptance: Early March, 2013
Abstract Submission Procedure:
1. The length of the abstract should not exceed 1,600 characters in Japanese or 1,000 words in English.
2. Submissions for papers and posters should be formatted in Century, 10.5 pt in case of English, MSMincho, 10.5 pt in case of Japanese.
3. Please submit your abstract as both a Word and PDF document.
4. Please write 'J-SLA2013_abstract' in the subject line including the following (in this order) in the body of the message:
a. Your name
b. Affiliation (in both Japanese and English)
d. Telephone number
e. Email address
f. Type of proposal (Student Workshop*, paper, or poster)
g. Language to be used for presentation (i.e., Japanese or English)
h. Please note at the bottom of the list whether you are willing to participate in the poster session should your paper not be accepted for oral presentation.
Please submit abstracts as an email attachment to the following email address:
bannaiizcc.tohoku-gakuin.ac.jp (Masanori Bannai)
*A Student Workshop will be held the morning of June 1, 2013. We plan to schedule parallel sessions to accommodate as many presentations as possible. The time allotted for each presentation is 30 minutes, with an additional 10 minutes for discussion. At least one expert in the area will attend each session to promote discussion and to provide advice. Presenters should be student members of J-SLA (see below). Work-in-progress is welcome.
Notes Regarding Abstract Submission:
1. Figures and tables are not counted as part of the word limit but should be included in the abstract. The total length of the abstract should not exceed two A4 pages.
2. Include the title of the abstract at the top and the number of characters (if written in Japanese) or word count (if written in English) at the bottom.
3. Do not put the name(s) of the presenter(s) on the abstract.
4. Authors may submit only one abstract for consideration as a paper for oral presentation. This limit holds for all authors regardless of their status as primary or secondary author. Additional submissions for the Student Workshop or for poster presentations are also permitted as long as the contents of each submission are not the same.
1. All presenters must be members of J-SLA at the time of the conference. (It is not necessary for co-presenters to be members.)
2. Information on joining J-SLA may be found at the following website:
3. The language of presentation may be either Japanese or English.
4. No substitute presenters will be allowed.
5. Regrettably, no financial support for transportation and accommodation will be offered.
6. For more information, please contact Miki Shibata:
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 20-Oct-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.