LINGUIST List 23.4745|
Tue Nov 13 2012
Jobs: Dutch; English; German; NLP; Machine Learning: Knowledge Engineer/Computational Linguist, Artificial Solutions
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Francesca Sciarra <francesca.sciarraartificial-solutions.com>
Subject: Dutch; English; German; Natural Language Processing; Machine Learning: Knowledge Engineer/Computational Linguist, Artificial Solutions, Hilversum, Netherlands (or Telecommute)
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Artificial Solutions
Department: Professional Service/ Operations
Job Location: Hilversum, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.artificial-solutions.com
Job Rank: Knowledge Engineer/Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing; Machine Learning
Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
Artificial Solutions, leading specialist in Natural Language Interaction (NLI), is
looking for a Computational Linguist/ Knowledge Engineer to join our
international Professional Service team. If you are a linguistic specialist with
affinity to ICT and customer oriented, we would like to hear from you.
You have a real passion for languages and a pragmatic approach to problem
solving. You understand the structure of languages and you will be able to
encode linguistic information for automated processing. You will focus on
design, build, maintain and develop knowledge-based systems, in domains
such as artificial intelligence, databases, expert systems, and natural
language processing systems - according to the structured Artificial
Solutions Knowledge Development Methodology.
The Computational Linguist/Knowledge Engineer is expert on Artificial
Solutions' knowledge solutions, and is able to do consultancy for external
partners and clients on how the knowledge can be optimally analyzed,
structured and built as to meet customer / project requirements. He/ She
manages and keeps day-to-day control on Artificial Solutions' new build and
knowledge optimization projects for customers and/or partners, preparing
plans and pre-requisites to deliver projects on time, while meeting profitability
targets and achieving high level of customer satisfaction. This means pro-
active anticipation on issues and management of any changes in requirement
The position offers a lot of freedom under responsibility and will allow you to
grow both as a person and within our company in order to realize your full
The position will focus upon:
- Work with Project Manager and/or Technical Consultant in client
workshops, discussing knowledge and validate customer requirements.
- Plans, coordinates, and oversees delivery aspects of project to the
- Working with the grammar of your native language (syntax and semantic
aspects) to structure and code the knowledge base of our NLI (Natural
Language Interaction) solutions.
- Design, build, and test knowledge and NLI solutions based on functional
- Analyze logs during operations to define knowledge optimization options in
conjunction with Technical Consultant and implement during ongoing
knowledge development optimization.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in Computational Linguistics, General Linguistics, Applied
Linguistic, Language Technologies or similar.
- Knowledge of Morphology, Lexicology, Phonetics, Pragmatics, Automated
speech analysis and synthesis.
- Knowledge of Formal syntax, Formal Semantics, Corpus analysis, Dialogue
- Understanding of Statistics (preferably applied to natural language analysis)
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Prolog, or any of
the declarative languages (C, C++, Java, Pascal, etc.) and DB/SQL.
- 2+years experience working in a customer facing role.
- Previous working experience in the Natural Language Processing -field and
experience in Human computer interaction will be a plus.
- Native Dutch
- Fluent English
- Fluent German
Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Strong logical and analytical skills, being able to deal with complex and
- Proven customer facing and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude, detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to combine multiple task and projects.
Application Deadline: 07-Jan-2013 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: francesca.sciarraartificial-solutions.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.artificial-solutions.com/our-company/careers/
Recruitment & HR Specialist Francesca Sciarra
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 13-Nov-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.