LINGUIST List 23.4821|
Mon Nov 19 2012
Calls: English, Applied Linguistics/USA
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Sarah Seong <appliedlinguisticsnystesol.org>
Subject: 34th Annual NYS TESOL Applied Linguistics Winter Conference
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 34th Annual NYS TESOL Applied Linguistics Winter Conference
Short Title: ALWC
Date: 02-Mar-2013 - 02-Mar-2013
Location: New York, NY, USA
Contact Person: Rebecca Jee
Meeting Email: appliedlinguisticsnystesol.org
Web Site: http://nystesol.org/sig/AppliedLinguistics/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English (eng)
Call Deadline: 28-Dec-2012
34th Annual Applied Linguistics Winter Conference
Targeting Tomorrow: Technology, TESOL, and Applied Linguistics
Saturday, March 2, 2013, 8 am - 7 pm
Teachers College, Columbia University
525 W. 120th Street, New York, NY
Co-Sponsored by NYS TESOL Applied Linguistics SIG and Teachers College AL/TESOL Program
Call for Papers:
The Committee for Applied Linguistics Winter Conference 2013 will be accepting presentation proposals from November 20, 2012 - December 28, 2012.
Selection will be competitive. Proposals addressing the conference theme - Technology - will be given priority. Proposals may be submitted in any area of English language teaching and learning.
Three types of presentation formats will be independently reviewed.
- 35-minute paper presentations (25-minute talk and 10-minute Q&A/discussion) on original research or pedagogical practices related to applied linguistics.
- 70-minute workshops (including 10-minute Q&A/discussion).
- Poster presentations to be displayed for a 1-hour block of time. Poster presentations are intended to be a format for reports on work in progress.
All proposals must be submitted using the online submission form (http://nystesol.org/sig/AppliedLinguistics/).
Required information includes:
- Contact and affiliation information
- A 300-word summary of the presentation
- A 50-word abstract for the program book
- A list of any technology requirements
Presenters MUST pay their registration fee during conference pre-registration (opens January).
For general questions or information please contact the ALWC 2013 Proposal Chair at alwc2013proposalsgmail.com or appliedlinguisticsnystesol.org.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 19-Nov-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.