LINGUIST List 23.4832|
Tue Nov 20 2012
Jobs: Comp Ling; NLP; Dialogue Systems: Researcher/Scientist, Nuance Communications, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Jason Hewitt <Jason.Hewittnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing; Dialogue Systems: Researcher/Scientist, Nuance Communications, Inc., California, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications, Inc.
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com/
Job Rank: Researcher; Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing; Dialogue Systems
Nuance is the world-wide leader in voice technologies. We are now making
substantial research and development investments to add natural language
processing capabilities to our speech infrastructure. We are expanding our new
Silicon Valley Natural Language Research laboratory. The goal of this group is
to develop the next generation of intelligent, conversational agents. We seek
research scientists with the following backgrounds:
- Dialog processing
- Discourse and anaphora resolution
- Multimodal generation
- Entity recognition
- Multilingual NLP
- Semantic interpretation
- Ownership of a major component of the conversational system.
- Conduct research on the dialog, generation, or reasoning components, and
incorporate the latest advances from major conferences in the field.
- Adapt existing components within Nuance and from previous research in the
field to a new problem space and domain.
- Understand the trade-offs between multiple competing approaches, and choose
the ones that are likely to have future impact on the company's products.
- Design components in a way that will generalize across domains. Minimize
the code change and human effort needed for the system to work in a new
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers inside and outside of the
- Patent or publish experimental results or designs when appropriate.
- Ph.D. in computer science, computational linguistics, linguistics, or
another technical field with a focus on natural language processing.
- Solid track record in both projects and publications for natural language
- Solid implementation skills in C++, Java, scripting languages.
- Knowledge of both statistical and rule-based methods for natural language
Interested candidates should contact Jennifer Garvale at the application email
Email Address for Applications: Jennifer.Garvalenuance.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 20-Nov-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.