LINGUIST List 23.4928|
Mon Nov 26 2012
Calls: Portuguese, General Linguistics/USA
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Timothy Gupton <gupton1uga.edu>
Subject: Portuguese Linguistics in the United States 2013
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Portuguese Linguistics in the United States 2013
Short Title: PLUS 2013 at UGA
Date: 14-Nov-2013 - 16-Nov-2013
Location: Athens, GA, USA
Contact Person: Timothy Gupton
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Subject Language(s): Portuguese
Call Deadline: 01-May-2013
The Department of Romance Languages of the University of Georgia is proud to host the inaugural Portuguese Linguistics in the United States (PLUS) 2013 conference, to be held November 14-16, 2013, at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia.
Patrícia Amaral (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill)
Meghan Armstrong (University of Georgia)
Pilar Chamorro (University of Georgia)
Timothy Gupton (University of Georgia)
Chad Howe (University of Georgia)
Robert Moser (University of Georgia)
João Costa (Universidade Nova de Lisboa)
Ana Maria Carvalho (University of Arizona)
Charlotte Galves (UNICAMP)
Antonio Carlos de Morães Sartini (Superintendente, Museu da Língua Portuguesa)
Call for Papers:
Papers are invited in any area of Portuguese/Lusophone linguistics and in any theoretical or quantitative framework, including, but not limited to the following areas:
- First language acquisition of Portuguese
- Second/third (Ln) language acquisition of Portuguese
- Corpus studies
- Historical linguistics
- Applied linguistics (including teaching Portuguese as a foreign language)
- Bilingualism/heritage-speaker studies
- Sociolinguistics & contact studies
- Portuguese-based creoles
1. Papers may be delivered in English or Portuguese. Authors may submit up to two abstracts, one individual and one joint.
2. The body of the abstract must be no more than one page in length (12-pt.font) with a second page reserved for examples and references. Please use US letter format, 8.5 x11 (215.9 mm × 279.4 mm) with 1 inch (25.4mm) margins. Submissions must be in .pdf format.
3. Abstracts should clearly present a thesis statement and include a description of topic, approach, and conclusions. To preserve anonymity during the review process, authors should not include their names or otherwise reveal their identities anywhere in the abstract.
4. Please specify the title of the paper, area of research, name, academic affiliation, and email in the abstract submission.
5. Abstracts must be submitted through Easy Chair at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=plus2013atuga.
6. All submissions must be received by May 1, 2013.
7. Please refer questions to Timothy Gupton at gupton1uga.edu.
The Refereed Selected Proceedings from the Portuguese Linguistics in the US 2013 conference are expected to be published with a leading linguistics publisher. Details will be forthcoming.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 26-Nov-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.