LINGUIST List 23.5054|
Tue Dec 04 2012
Jobs: Norwegian Bokmål; Comp Ling; Phonetics: Norwegian Computational Linguists, Lionbridge
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Kati Sarkka <kati.sarkkalionbridge.com>
Subject: Norwegian Bokmål; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics: Norwegian Computational Linguists, Lionbridge, Telecommute, Finland
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Job Location: Telecommute, Finland
Job Rank: Norwegian Computational Linguists
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): Norwegian Bokmål (nob)
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
A key differentiator for Lionbridge is our global footprint, which enables us to deliver superior service to customers through local contacts and resources. We employ more than 4,200 specialists, including linguists, project managers, engineers, subject matter experts, content developers, application developers and quality assurance professionals, in 26 countries. We also work with a network of 85,000 independent multilingual workers including translators, interpreters, web raters and subject matter experts across more than 100 countries.
For more information on our company and services, please see our web site.
We are looking for native Norwegian Linguists/Computational Linguists
- Master's in Linguists or Computational Linguistics with strong background on Phonetics
- Native Language Norwegian
- Experience in Language Technology, particularly in in Speech Recognition and Text-To-Speech technologies (either educational or work experience)
- Familiar with running command-line tools
- Experience in corpus/dictionary/terminology work
- Ability to use scripting is languages, such as Perl or Python, is a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills, ability to work in a logical and
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Possibility to work part-time or fulltime from home on freelancer basis.
Please send your application, CV and your hourly rate request to us as soon as possible. Please provide us information about your availability and language skills within the application.
Application Deadline: 16-Jan-2013
Email Address for Applications: jobs.tamperelionbridge.com
HR Manager Kati Sarkka
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 04-Dec-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.