LINGUIST List 23.5055|
Tue Dec 04 2012
Jobs: German; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, Lionbridge
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Kati Sarkka <kati.sarkkalionbridge.com>
Subject: German; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, Lionbridge, Telecommute, Finland
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Job Location: Telecommute, Finland
Web Address: www.lionbridge.com
Job Rank: Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): German (deu)
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
A key differentiator for Lionbridge is our global footprint, which enables us to deliver superior service to customers through local contacts and resources. We employ more than 4,200 specialists, including linguists, project managers, engineers, subject matter experts, content developers, application developers and quality assurance professionals, in 26 countries. We also work with a network of 85,000 independent multilingual workers including translators, interpreters, web raters and subject matter experts across more than 100 countries.
We are looking for native German Linguists/Computational Linguists for several projects.
- Master's in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics or you are a student in final stage of your studies Linguistics or Computational Linguistics
- Native language German
- Experience in syntactic/semantic annotation/text linguistics either educational or work experience
- Experience in reviewing/annotating texts
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Experience in scripting languages (i.e. Perl) is a plus
- Experience in working with an international team
- Possibility to work part-time or full-time from home on freelancer basis.
Please send us your CV and your hourly rate request. Please add detailed info on your language skills within your CV.
If you don't meet the native language requirements for this jobs opening, feel free to send your open application for our future need.
Application Deadline: 19-Dec-2012
Email Address for Applications: jobs.tamperelionbridge.com
HR Manager Kati Sarkka
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 04-Dec-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.