LINGUIST List 23.5081|
Wed Dec 05 2012
Jobs: English; Applied Ling; Cog Sci; Lang Acq; Computer Assisted Language Learning: Manager, Open English
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Nicole Wilson <academic.directoropenenglish.com>
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Computer Assisted Language Learning: Manager, Open English, Florida, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Open English
Job Location: Florida, USA
Web Address: http://www.openenglish.com
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Computer Assisted Language Learning
Required Language(s): English (eng)
You will bring your extensive e-learning curriculum design experience to help develop cutting-edge online ESL courses, making significant contributions to the growth of the Open English language-learning system. You’ll manage a team of content developers and collaborate with a stellar product development team in order to develop groundbreaking new language learning products.
Your graduate studies will have been focused on online education, curriculum design, computer assisted language learning (CALL), cognitive psychology, psycholinguistics, or closely related field, making you an ideal fit with an experienced, innovative, and creative academic team.
- You’ll plan and put into action the production and improvement of the school’s e-learning ESL lessons.
- You’ll help shape the academic vision for next generation of products.
Your role and functions will all focus to:
- Improve overall course effectiveness
- Increase student engagement
- Improve specific student learning outcomes
- Increase and improve quality of content library
- Increase content satisfaction ratings
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Can rapidly develop and implement new ideas
- Can clearly articulate and advocate for ideas
- Can write, edit and develop creative, compelling, and effective online multimedia content
- Can give clear, concise vision and direction to teams
- Can show flexibility and creativity to develop new products
- PhD or EdD preferred, Masters degree required
- 5-10 years experience in online learning and/or English language teaching
- Leadership experience, innovative curriculum design, and materials development
- Organizational and project management for large projects
- Strong operational experience with cross-functional roles and teams
- Outstanding English writing and editing ability
- Proficiency in other languages a plus
- Experience managing remote teams a plus
- Experience designing and running experiments a plus
- Scholarly publications a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter as a single .pdf or .doc to the application email address below.
Open English is the leading online school for English learners in Latin America. We offer a revolutionary new approach to English language learning and have over 50,000 students. Our mission is to break through the traditional barriers of learning and help students around the world learn English. We do this by offering each student unlimited live English classes over the internet with native speaking teachers, engaging multimedia lessons, and a personal study advisor dedicated to their success. All of our students enroll in a one-year program priced between $800-1100 with flexible payment plans.
Open English is growing rapidly, and is positioned as the leader in the English learning industry, an over 50 billion dollar market around the world. This venture-backed growth stage company is hiring key personnel to deepen the school’s presence in Latin America, build an academic research and development team, and design the next generation online and mobile platforms.
Email Address for Applications: academic.directoropenenglish.com
Dr. Nicole Wilson
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 05-Dec-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.