LINGUIST List 23.5174|
Mon Dec 10 2012
Jobs: Applied Ling: Instructor, The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced Int'l Studies, Johns Hopkins U
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Zilla Bristol <zbristo1jhu.edu>
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Instructor, The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced Int'l Studies, Johns Hopkins University, District of Columbia, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced Int'l Studies, Johns Hopkins University
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://sais-jhu.edu
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
**This position has been filled.
Established as a division of The Johns Hopkins University in 1950, The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies of the Johns Hopkins University (SAIS) has been educating global leaders for almost 60 years. As a highly selective graduate institution with a distinguished faculty, SAIS consistently ranks as one of the top schools of international relations in the world. SAIS was founded to provide a practical approach to training students in international leadership and foreign relations, and to provide mid-career educational opportunities for those already working in related fields. Today, SAIS offers the M.A., M.I.P.P., and Ph.D. degrees and enrolls about 600 full-time students in Washington, DC, primarily in the school’s two-year Master of Arts program. Approximately 40 percent of the students are non-U.S. citizens coming from more than 70 countries. About 190 students study at the Bologna Center in Italy while about 140 students attend the Hopkins-Nanjing Center in China.
The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) of the Johns Hopkins University invites applications for the Head of Foreign Language Instructional Technology. Based in Washington, D.C., this position will be responsible for teaching courses in:
- Modern foreign languages, language teaching methodology, and instructional technology (50% of time).
- Provide vision and leadership in the implementation of new technologies in the school language curriculum; as well as technological and linguistic expertise in the development of instructional materials and resources for blended learning, in alignment with the priorities and goals set by the Language Studies Program (LSP).
- Work with the LSP Director to develop the planning process, policies, and protocols for the use of technology in the LSP.
- Serve as liaison between the language faculty and the departments of Information Technology and Academic Technology.
- Be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of technologies and related practices within the LSP.
- Assist language faculty on the appraisal and adoption of software and equipment.
- Manage the Language Technology Center staff, facilities and equipment.
- A Ph.D. in Modern Foreign Languages or Applied Linguistics with a focus on instructional technology.
Applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Marco A. Campos, Director, at the application address below.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Mailing Address for Applications:
Mr. Marco Campos
The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS)
The Johns Hopkins University
1619 Massachusetts Ave., N.W., #330
Washington, DC 20036
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 10-Dec-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.