LINGUIST List 23.978|
Mon Feb 27 2012
Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Italy
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
LINGUIST is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Cristina Mariotti ,
Subtitles and Language Learning
Message 1: Subtitles and Language Learning
From: Cristina Mariotti <cristina.mariottiunipv.it>
Subject: Subtitles and Language Learning
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Subtitles and Language Learning
Short Title: SLL
Date: 13-Sep-2012 - 14-Sep-2012
Location: Pavia, Italy
Contact Person: Cristina Mariotti
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.unipv.it/sllconf
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2012
The conference's main objective is to highlight the importance of the use of subtitled audiovisual materials in formal teaching/learning contexts (primary, secondary and tertiary education), and in informal contexts (individual language learning for adult learners).
2nd Call for Papers:
We welcome contributions on the following subjects:
- Subtitled audiovisual material and language learning/acquisition with particular emphasis on one of the different types of subtitles: a) interlingual subtitles and language learning; b) intralingual subtitles and language learning; c) reversed subtitles and language learning
- The acquisitional value of subtitled audiovisual materials from interdisciplinary perspectives
- Subtitling: trends and techniques
- Experimental research on the use of subtitles in the classroom
- Subtitled audiovisual materials for immigrants to learn the host language
- The use of subtitled audiovisual materials in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) programmes at any level of school or university education
Abstracts of 300-350 words and bionotes of 100-150 words should be written on the abstract form available on our website and sent to subtitlesunipv.it.
All abstracts must be in English, the official language of the Conference. The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to 30 April 2012.
Submission of abstracts: 30 April 2012
Notification of acceptance: 31 May 2012
Please visit the conference website: http://www.unipv.it/sllconf
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 27-Feb-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.