LINGUIST List 24.1106|
Mon Mar 04 2013
Jobs: French; Applied Ling: Lecturer, Northern Arizona University
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Alexandria McConocha <Alexandria.McConochanau.edu>
Subject: French; Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Northern Arizona University, Arizona, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Northern Arizona University
Job Location: Arizona, USA
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): French (fra)
Department: Global Languages and Cultures
Status: Full-Time, Regular
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
The Department of Global Languages and Cultures is searching for two full-time, benefit eligible, non-tenure eligible Lecturer positions in French Language. These positions are renewable on a year-to-year basis contingent upon performance, departmental needs and university funding.
Application materials should include: a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three recent letters of recommendation, original transcripts of graduate coursework, and a teaching portfolio (teaching philosophy, syllabi, teaching evaluations). Send electronic materials to the application email address below with the subject "French Lecturer Position", care of Professor Joseph Collentine, Chair, Department of Global Languages and Cultures.
- Teach lower-division French language courses, with the possibility of some upper division courses.
- Advise French language students on completing language requirements, minors and majors, and study abroad.
- Promote and participate in the academic and cultural activities of the department, college and university.
- Master's degree in French pedagogy, literature, linguistics or related field.
- Two years' experience teaching French language at the post-secondary level.
- A record of successful teaching of university-level French courses to English-speaking students.
- Demonstrated use of teaching methods and strategies fostering oral and written proficiency.
- Advanced proficiency in French and English (written and spoken).
- Ability to teach introductory linguistics course.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations on campus and in the community.
- Northern Arizona University is a 25,000-student institution with its main campus in Flagstaff, a four-season community of about 65,000 at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks. NAU's emphasis on undergraduate education is enhanced by its graduate programs and research as well as distance learning. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes. The university is committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment
- Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- This position will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on March 28, 2013.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Email Address for Applications: Languagesnau.edu
Web Address for Applications: http://hr.nau.edu/node/2796&job_req=600198
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 04-Mar-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.