LINGUIST List 24.1119|
Tue Mar 05 2013
Jobs: Comp Ling: Acoustic Modeling Research Engineer, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: EMEA Jobs <emeajobsnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Acoustic Modeling Research Engineer, Nuance Communications, Merelbeke, Belgium
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Merelbeke, Belgium
Job Rank: Acoustic Modeling Research Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Job Ref: 8119
Job Title: Acoustic Modeling Research Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Merelbeke, Belgium
Nuance's Mobility Division builds innovative, intelligent and intuitive touch and speech interfaces to simplify and enhance the way people interact with mobile devices, applications, and services. Nuance Mobile solutions make mobile devices and in-car systems easier to use, automate customer self-service, and optimize the access and discovery of even the most advanced mobile applications and content - regardless of technical know-how, location, environment, or physical and literacy capabilities.
You will research multilingual aspects of speech recognition and deliver a solution and advice to the product teams for the application areas involving multilingual aspects. You will develop and deliver language specific components such as acoustic models, grammars or other components to the product teams and to professional services teams. You will report to the ASR Languages Manager of the embedded ASR research team within the Mobility division.
- Application of available algorithms and tools for producing acoustic models or statistical language models for a specific language.
- Development of processes for handling multilingual input based on existing or new techniques
- Interfacing with the linguists of the TTS teams
- Localizing natural language dialogue modules towards a specific market.
- Contributing to the improvement, design, implementation, evaluation, optimization and testing of new algorithms, tools and processes.
- Supporting our professional services teams to contribute to customer project success.
- Assisting senior team members in research tasks.
- Experience in acoustic modeling, NLU, statistical language modeling or machine learning techiques is recommended
- Working in Windows and linux environments comes natural to you.
- Good software skills are required, especially a scripting language like Perl or Python in a Linux/Unix environment.
- You are a team player, willing to take initiative, and are goal oriented.
- You have a strong sense of precision and quality in your daily job.
- You are fluent in English and you can write high quality documentation.
- You speak at least one other language than English
- Good C/C++, Python or Java software development skills
- Additional background in computational linguistics is a plus.
- You illustrate your interest in languages by speaking at two or more other languages
- Relevant work experience in a commercial or academic environment
- You have a University degree in linguistics, engineering, mathematics or physics.
- A PhD degree in a related field is a strong asset
- Additional training in speech recognition and computational linguistics is a plus.
Application Deadline: 06-May-2013
Email Address for Applications: emeajobsnuance.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 05-Mar-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.