LINGUIST List 24.1124|
Tue Mar 05 2013
Jobs: Comp Ling: Senior Research Engineer (Acoustic Modeling Toolkit), Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: EMEA Jobs <emeajobsnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Senior Research Engineer (Acoustic Modeling Toolkit), Nuance Communications, Aachen, Germany or Burlington, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Aachen, Germany
Job Rank: Senior Research Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world.
Job Reference: 8112
Job Title: Senior Research Engineer (Acoustic Modeling Toolkit)
Role Type: Permanent
Role Location: Candidates could be based in Germany- Aachen / USA – Burlington
- Develop, evolve, & maintain existing Acoustic Modeling Research Toolkit.
- Improve on both design and Robustness while supporting users.
- Work with Research teams to extend the ToolKit to cover new products.
- Work with Research teams to implement new testing frameworks/recipes/algorithms into the Toolkit.
- Improve the speed and robustness of the Toolkit in general.
- Improve the performance of the Toolkit under the Grid computation environment.
- Conduct unit tests and performance tests to the Toolkit.
- Fix bugs and support users.
- Develop & Maintain Toolkit Documentation
- 3-5 years experience (or PhD and 1-2 years)
- Solid Computer Skills working in LINUX / UNIX Environments
- Solid experience with Python & Shell Scripting Languages
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Python specifically
- Strong Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Speech Recognition Knowledge, especially Search Engine Speech is a big plus
- Grid Computation and SGE Batch Quenuing System Knowledge or Experience
- Master's Degree or Phd in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or equivalent.
Application Deadline: 06-May-2013
Email Address for Applications: emeajobsnuance.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 05-Mar-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.