LINGUIST List 24.1129|
Wed Mar 06 2013
Jobs: English; Language Acquisition: Lecturer, University College Dublin
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: UCD <Adrian.Woodsucd.ie>
Subject: English; Language Acquisition: Lecturer, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University College Dublin
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Lecturer in Academic English (above the bar)
UCD Applied Language Centre
Temporary 2-year appointment (Ideally commencing May 2013)
The UCD Applied Language Centre wishes to invited applications for a temporary 2-year appointment as Lecturer in Academic English (above the bar).
The successful candidate will contribute significantly to the quality expansion of the teaching and research capacities of the Applied Language Centre at University College Dublin. They will engage with the delivery, design and evaluation of the Centre’s postgraduate programmes in TESOL and the design, evaluation and expansion of the Centre’s programmes in the area of English for Academic Purposes (pre-sessional, pre-Masters) and Academic Literacy.
The successful candidate will have, or show clear potential of having a track record in:
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate level reflecting evidence of their strong commitment to professional development in teaching and learning.
- Leadership in the coordination and development of language teachers and the design and evaluation of English for Academic Purposes programmes.
- Research, including high impact scholarship and international publications, the development of funded research opportunities, research collaboration and the recruitment and supervision of high quality doctoral students.
- Administration, assuming administrative and managerial duties, which will be assigned to them by the Director of the Centre.
All Applicants should also note:
- The successful candidate is expected to actively lead the Centre’s Pre-Sessional summer programs in English for Academic Purposes.
- Flexibility around working hours will be required in response to the varying demands of the Centre’s English for Academic Purposes and TESOL programmes.
2010 Salary Scale: €50,807 - €81,452 per annum
2011 Salary Scale: €45,726 – €73,307 per annum*
- Subject to all new entrants to public sector as of 01 January 2011
- Appointment will be made on scale and in accordance with the Department of Finance guidelines
Closing Date: 23.30hrs on Monday 25th March 2013
Prior to application, further information (including application procedure) should be obtained from the UCD Job Vacancies website at the application URL below.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 11:30pm on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system. UCD are unable to accept late applications.
Application Deadline: 25-Mar-2013
Web Address for Applications: http://www.ucd.ie/hr/jobvacancies
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 06-Mar-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.