LINGUIST List 24.120|
Wed Jan 09 2013
Jobs: American Sign Language; General Linguistics: Rank Open, Gallaudet University
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva
From: Miako Rankin <miako.rankingallaudet.edu>
Subject: American Sign Language; General Linguistics: Rank Open, Gallaudet University, District of Columbia, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Gallaudet University
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.gallaudet.edu
Job Rank: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): American Sign Language (ase)
Department of Linguistics
Tenure Track Faculty Position
Graduate School and Professional Programs
Position contingent on funding
1. Experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching linguistics.
2. PhD in linguistics or closely related field. To be considered for tenure at Gallaudet University, a candidate must possess a terminal degree; outstanding applicants with significant progress toward a terminal degree may considered.
3. Ability to lecture in American Sign Language.
4. Record of (or clear potential for) research and scholarship in signed language linguistics and demonstrated success or clear potential for generating external funding for research.
5. Ability to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in phonology and syntax desired.
6. Experience with online multimedia course design and teaching desired.
1. Teach graduate courses in the MA and PhD programs in linguistics.
2. Teach undergraduate courses in the undergraduate minor in linguistics.
3. Advise and supervise undergraduate and graduate students in linguistics.
4. Engage in scholarship and/or research in the field and generate external funding for research and student support.
5. Participate in program, department, and university faculty activities and professional service.
6. Other duties as assigned by the chair.
Salary and Rank:
Rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment will be for the regular nine-month academic year.
Starting Date: August 2013.
Send letter of application, vita, official transcripts of graduate work and three letters of reference demonstrating quality of research and teaching to the Linguistics Search Committee at the address given below.
Screening of applicants will begin as early as January 15, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
Gallaudet University serves deaf, hard of hearing and hearing students from many different backgrounds and seeks to develop a workforce that reflects the diversity of its student body. Gallaudet is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and actively encourages applications for open positions from candidates who are deaf, hard of hearing, members of traditionally underrepresented groups, people with disabilities, women, and veterans.
Mailing Address for Applications:
Dr. Miako Rankin
c/o Jayne McKenzie, Linguistics Search Committee
Gallaudet University Department of Linguistics (SLCC 3rd Floor)
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
Dr. Miako Rankin
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 09-Jan-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.