LINGUIST List 24.1300|
Fri Mar 15 2013
Jobs: Mandarin Chinese; English; Syntax: Consultant, Brandeis University
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva
From: Nianwen Xue <xuenbrandeis.edu>
Subject: Mandarin Chinese; English; Syntax: Consultant, Brandeis University, Massachusetts, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Brandeis University
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~clp
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Syntax
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
Applications are invited for linguistic consultant positions in the Language and Computation Lab, Department of Computer Science at Brandeis University. The linguistic consultants are expected to perform syntactic analysis on Chinese and English natural language data to support the development of a cutting edge Chinese-English Machine Translation system. The specific form of employment is flexible depending on the individual situation of the applicant.
- Native or near-native level of proficiency in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Ph.D. or M.A. in linguistics
- Training in theoretical syntax, but flexible in one's theoretical orientation
- Interested in computational linguistics problems
- Comfortable working with a computer
- Eligible to work or can obtain work authorization in the U.S.
- Detail-oriented, and enjoying working with linguistic data
- Programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl and Python would be helpful, but not required
Applications including a CV and two reference letters should be sent via email to Dr. Nianwen Xue, Department of Computer Science, Brandeis University.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: xuenbrandeis.edu
Dr. Nianwen Xue
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 15-Mar-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.