LINGUIST List 24.1339|
Tue Mar 19 2013
Jobs: English; Applied Ling; Disc Analysis: Asst/Assoc Professor, The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva
From: Derek Irwin <Derek.Irwinnottingham.edu.cn>
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis: Assistant/Associate Professor, The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Semenyih, Selangor, Malaysia
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
Job Location: Semenyih, Selangor, Malaysia
Web Address: http://www.nottingham.edu.my
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Stylistics; Modern Literary Studies; Creative Writing
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus (UNMC) is rapidly expanding. It is looking for ambitious, talented academics with a passion for teaching as well as research flair to join its team of experts. UNMC is part of the University of Nottingham, and offers unique teaching and research opportunities in a highly dynamic context.
The School of English (UNMC) was founded in 2013, and is developing a range of BA and MA programmes in the areas of applied linguistics, stylistics, discourse studies, world Englishes, modern literary studies and creative writing. Additionally, the Centre for Research in Applied Linguistics (CRAL) has been established at UNMC as a branch of CRAL in Nottingham, UK.
- To teach and contribute to core modules in the specified areas and to supervise undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations
- To Examine and invigilate at examinations, and generally assist with the work of the School
- Original research is regarded as an essential part of the job. Time, duties and facilities are provided for this purpose
- Pastoral care of students via a personal tutorial system
- Administrative duties relating to teaching (assessment, standardisation, lesson preparation, report writing, attendance of regular course and general meetings)
- To undertake a two-day Introductory Course on effective teaching, and the PGCHE (Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education), if appropriate
- To attend professional-development workshops as deemed appropriate
- Any other reasonable duties appropriate to the post
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs.fassnottingham.edu.my
Dr Derek Irwin
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 19-Mar-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.