LINGUIST List 24.1377|
Thu Mar 21 2013
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; NLP: Software Engineer, Oracle
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Alexander Gregory <alexander.gregoryoracle.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics; NLP: Software Engineer, Oracle, Bucharest, Romania
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Oracle
Job Location: Bucharest, Romania
Web Address: http://www.oracle.com
Job Rank: Software Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; NLP
Oracle is hiring Software Engineers with experience in NLP development and advanced scripting and object-oriented programming skills to automate language resource creation and build toolsets for the Oracle RightNow Virtual Assistant product (voice-enabled question/answer). This role is a full-time position (40 hours/week) and will be based in Bucharest, with occasional travel to Amsterdam, The Netherlands, where the alpha team is located.
The Oracle RightNow Virtual Assistant delivers contextual, interactive engagements that draw from relevant information and result in rich, seamless interactions that build trust and loyalty. More opportunities are generated because Virtual Assistant moves beyond answering questions by understanding customer intent to provide deeper engagements not typically associated with self-service.
We are seeking high energy individuals with leadership skills, who are motivated by teamwork, and thrive on articulating solutions within a group context. You are 100% solutions-oriented, and interested in driving process and pushing deliverables across multiple functional areas, actively building relationships with key stakeholders across projects. We operate across time zones in a flexible work environment, so your flexibility is key to your success in this role. If teamwork, energy and a passion for driving efficiencies through automation define who you are and how you work, we want to hear from you!
1. Demonstrated experience automating language resource creation (grammars, dictionaries, ontologies)
2. Significant experience developing tools and process for automatic named entity recognition
3. Significant experience in industrial R&D
4. Team player with proven skills around triaging issues and problem solving with key stakeholders across multiple projects
5. Proven track record in NLP development
6. Demonstrated experience as a technical lead (line management experience is ideal) for a team of NLP developers or engineers developing for product lines informed by NLP technologies.
1. Native or near-native English
2. Advanced skills in common scripting languages (python, perl)
3. Object oriented programming (java, C++)
Nice to have:
4. Background in Speech technologies
5. Interest or experience in the mobile space
6. Advanced proficiency in one or more of the non-Latin 1 languages (Eastern European, CJK. Semitic)
7. Agile Scrum experience
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: alexander.gregoryoracle.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 21-Mar-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.