LINGUIST List 24.1412|
Tue Mar 26 2013
Jobs: Portuguese; Comp Ling; Phonetics; Transcription; Speech (ASR, TTS, NLP): Manager, Google
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Andreia Rauber <DataOpsMangmail.com>
Subject: Portuguese; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Transcription; Speech (ASR, TTS, NLP): Manager, Google, São Paulo, Brazil
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google
Job Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Transcription; Speech (ASR, TTS, NLP)
Required Language(s): Portuguese (por)
As a Linguistic Project Manager and a native-level speaker of Brazilian Portuguese, you will oversee and manage all work related to achieving high data quality for speech projects in your own language.
You will be based in the São Paulo office, managing a team of five Data Evaluators and working on a number of projects towards Speech research: ASR, TTS, and NLP.
- Managing and overseeing the work of your team;
- Creating verbalisation rules, such as expanding URLs, email addresses, numbers;
- Providing expertise on pronunciation and phonotactics;
- Building and maintaining a database of speech recognition patterns;
- Creating pronunciations for new lexicon entries, maintaining the lexicon;
- Working with quality assessment tools according to given guidelines and using in-house tools.
- Native-level speaker of Brazilian Portuguese (with good command of the standard dialect) and fluent in English;
- Keen ear for phonetic nuances and attention to detail; knowledge of the language's phonology;
- Must have attended elementary school in Brazil;
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good organizational skills, previous experience in managing external resources;
- Previous experience with speech/NLP-related projects a plus;
- Advanced degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics preferred;
- Also a plus: proficiency with HTML, XML, and some programming language; previous experience working in a Linux environment.
Project duration: 6 months (no possible extension), from mid April to mid October. This is a temporary position working though a staffing agency and no visa sponsorship or relocation package is offered.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with 'Speech Linguistic Project Manager Brazilian Portuguese' in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 01-Apr-2013 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: DataOpsMangmail.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 26-Mar-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.