LINGUIST List 24.1515|
Wed Apr 03 2013
Jobs: Russian; Phonetics; Phonology; Semantics; Transcription: Russian Speech Data Evaluator, Google
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Alena Butryna <DataOpsMangmail.com>
Subject: Russian; Phonetics; Phonology; Semantics; Transcription: Russian Speech Data Evaluator, Google, New York, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google
Job Location: New York, USA
Job Rank: Russian Speech Data Evaluator
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology; Semantics; Transcription
Required Language(s): Russian (rus)
As a Speech Data Evaluator and a native-level speaker of Russian, you will be part of a team based in NYC, processing large amounts of linguistic data and carrying out a number of tasks to improve the quality of Google’s speech synthesis and speech recognition in your own language.
- Annotating and classifying linguistic data;
- Labeling text for disambiguation, expansion, and text normalization;
- Providing phonetic transcription of lexicon entries according to given standards and using in-house tools.
- Native-level speaker of Russian (with good command of the standard dialect) and fluent in English;
- Computer-literate (should feel comfortable using in-house tools);
- Attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of orthography and grammar in the target language;
- Passion for language and a keen interest in technology;
- Good organizational skills;
- A degree in a language-related field such as linguistics, language teaching, translation, editing, writing, proofreading, or similar.
Contract position for 6-9 months (with potential for extension). This is a contract position working though a staffing agency and we cannot offer visa sponsorship or relocation package.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Speech Data Evaluator [Russian]" in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: DataOpsMangmail.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 03-Apr-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.