LINGUIST List 24.1559|
Fri Apr 05 2013
Jobs: Phonetics; Phonology: Assistant Professor, Lancaster University
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Elena Semino <e.seminolancaster.ac.uk>
Subject: Phonetics; Phonology: Assistant Professor, Lancaster University, Lancaster, United Kingdom
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lancaster University
Job Location: Lancaster, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology
This post is advertised at a Grade 7/8 in UK classifications. The description given here is the Grade 7, the Grade 8 job description can be viewed following the weblink for the vacancy.
Vacancy Ref: A688
Job Title: Lecturer in Phonetics and Phonology
Present Grade: 7A
Department/College: Department of Linguistics and English Language
Directly responsible to: Head of Department
Supervisory responsibility for: N/A
Internal Contacts: Colleagues and students in the Department and in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, together with colleagues in other faculties, providers of student support services, the library, ISS, central administration and other relevant university actors.
External Contacts: Relevant research funding bodies and councils, professional bodies, employers, business organisations, local and UK government organisations, academic and research networks.
- Contribute to the development of the Department as a unit generating research and scholarship of national and international excellence;
- Develop a personal research programme (in keeping with REF criteria) leading to publications in key international peer-reviewed academic journals and to other appropriate forms of research output;
- Develop a clear and realizable plan to apply for new research projects, individual and/or collaborative;
- Participate in research teams or other collaborative research initiatives, departmental and/or inter-departmental;
- Contribute to the teaching of the Department’s existing undergraduate courses in Phonetics and Phonology;
- Contribute to the development of new courses or modules in Phonetics and Phonology, individually and/or consortially taught, and participate in ongoing development of aspects of course structure, delivery, assessment, etc;
- Contribute to modules that are taught off-site (currently in London and Hong Kong) as required by the Head of Department.
- Supervise dissertations and where appropriate doctoral research projects;
- Communicate effectively with students and colleagues, using face-to-face, telephone, written and electronic communication (including email and Moodle) modes as appropriate;
- Contribute to the Department’s academic and pastoral care of its students and to the enhancement of their learning, personal development and achievement;
- Participate in the Department’s various outreach activities including Open Days etc;
- Assume various administrative tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Head of Department;
- Provide cover for colleagues on sabbatical where necessary;
- Undertake other duties as required by the Head of Department.
Application Deadline: 22-Apr-2013
Web Address for Applications: https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/
Professor Elena Semino
Phone: +44 (0)1524 594176
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 05-Apr-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.