LINGUIST List 24.1560|
Fri Apr 05 2013
Jobs: Comp Ling: Research Scientist- Language Modeling (9446), Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: EMEA Jobs <emeajobsnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Research Scientist- Language Modeling (9446), Nuance Communications, Vienna, Austria
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Vienna, Austria
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Research Scientist- Language Modeling (9446)
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
9446: Research Scientist - Language Modeling
Location: Vienna (Austria)
Nuance is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Our technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with information and how they create, share and use documents. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses, experience Nuance by calling directory assistance, getting account information, dictating patient records, telling a navigation system their destination, or digitally reproducing documents that can be shared and searched. Making each of those experiences productive and compelling is what Nuance is all about.
As a contributing member of Nuance, you will work within a dynamic team environment to develop, support, market and sell our award-winning software applications. We offer competitive compensation packages and a casual work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team that operates worldwide (Europe, US, APAC). Be a part of our fast growing track of continuing success.
For more information, please see http://www.nuance.com.
Nuance is an equal opportunity employer.
As a Research Scientist you will be part of the Healthcare Automatic Speech Recognition Research team. You will work on research and development of ASR algorithms, resources and methods to improve accuracy and performance of Nuance healthcare products.
- Work in language modeling and grammar design area.
- Development of training and adaptation tools and algorithms.
- Performing speech recognition (computer) experiments and studies.
- Experimental and theoretical analysis of speech recognition problems.
- Following academic development in speech recognition area, attending conferences and writing scientific papers (if applicable).
- PhD or Master degree in engineering sciences, mathematics or physics
- Knowledge in automatic speech recognition methods and algorithms
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Statistical data analysis
- Scripting languages in Unix/Linux environment (e.g. perl, python, bash)
- Team player but also able to work on his own initiative
- Willing to learn
- English language
- Experience (industrial or academic) in language modeling area
- Statistical pattern recognition
- Linguistic knowledge
At Nuance Communications we believe our people are our most valuable asset.
We offer competitive compensation packages and we offer you career development opportunities in a challenging technical but casual work environment.
As a Nuance team member you will work within a dynamic international team operating worldwide.
Does Nuance speak to you?
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your English CV including earliest starting date and salary expectations via our home page or via the application email address below including the reference number.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: emeajobsnuance.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.nuance.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 05-Apr-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.