LINGUIST List 24.1665|
Sat Apr 13 2013
Jobs: Multiple Languages; Comp Ling; Phonetics: Consultant, Appen Butler Hill
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Danielle Davis <djdavisappenbutlerhill.com>
Subject: Multiple Languages; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics: Consultant, Appen Butler Hill, Washington, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Appen Butler Hill
Job Location: Washington, USA
Web Address: http://www.appenbutlerhill.com
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
Norwegian Bokmål (nob)
Computational linguists with phonetics expertise for an upcoming project.
Native speakers of at least one of the following:
- Norwegian (Bokmal)
- Egyptian or Saudi Arabic
- Irish English
- New Zealand English
- Canadian French
- Location: Remote
- Hours: approximately 4 hours per week, with occasional peaks of 20 hours per week, with reasonable advance notice
- Length: through June 2013
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly skilled in computational linguistics and phonetics (Master’s or PhD)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experienced in development of language assets of speech recognition and text-to-speech technologies
- Familiar with XML structures
- Familiar with running command-line tools (ability to use a scripting language, such as Perl or Python, is a plus)
- Proficient in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- Projects require excellent English reading, writing and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment and greater than average comfort with software and technology are expected.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced with at least one programming language; e.g., PERL, Python, or C#
- Familiar with regular expression (RegEx) use
- Experienced using Visual Studio
- Familiar with creation of text normalization (TN) and inverse text normalization (ITN) rules
- Able to run simple scripts and work with command-line-based tools
- Able to analyze test results and propose solutions
- Familiar with bug-tracking systems and tools
US residents must have US work authorization (US citizen or permanent resident). Unfortunately, Appen Butler Hill cannot sponsor employment visas at this time. You will be required to sign a legally binding non-disclosure agreement at the time of contract negotiation.
This is a contract position.
There is no job location for this position. Position is Remote.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BUTLERHILL&cws=4&rid=580
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 13-Apr-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.