LINGUIST List 24.167|
Thu Jan 10 2013
Calls: Text/Corpus Linguistics/Spain
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Chelo Vargas-Sierra <chelo.vargasua.es>
Subject: 5th International Conference on Corpus Linguistics
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 5th International Conference on Corpus Linguistics
Short Title: CILC2013
Date: 14-Mar-2013 - 16-Mar-2013
Location: Alicante, Spain
Contact Person: Chelo Vargas-Sierra
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://web.ua.es/en/cilc2013/
Linguistic Field(s): Text/Corpus Linguistics
Call Deadline: 21-Jan-2013
5th International Conference on Corpus Linguistics: Corpus Resources for Descriptive and Applied studies: Current Challenges and Future Directions (CILC2013)
14-16 March 2013
More information: http://web.ua.es/en/cilc2013/v-international-conference-on-corpus-linguistics.html
University Institute of Modern Applied Languages
University of Alicante
Alicante, Spain (http://goo.gl/PXz97)
The Spanish Association of Corpus Linguistics (AELINCO) and the local Organizing Committee are pleased to announce that the 5th International Conference on Corpus Linguistics (CILC2013) will be hosted by the University Institute of Modern Applied Languages at the University of Alicante on 14-16 March 2013.
CILC2013 is pleased to welcome the following plenary speakers who have already confirmed their participation:
Dr. Nuria Bel, IULA, Barcelona
Dr. Federico Zanettin, University of Perugia
Dr. Hilary Nesi, Coventry University
Dr. Elena Tognini-Bonelli, University of Siena
Dr. Adam Kilgarriff, Lexical Computing, Ltd.
Final Call for Papers:
The deadline for proposal submission has been extended until 21 January 2013.
Since corpus work has taken on a more relevant role in descriptive and applied studies on the various facets of language, availability and variety of telectronic corpus and tools for their exploitation and analysis have proliferated and many more are on the horizon. The availabity of such diverse resources offers many opportunities for researchers, language professionals, and language services providers. However, learning to use and apply these resources still poses serious challenges. The theme for this conference edition is ‘Corpus Resources for Descriptive and Applied Studies: Current Challenges and Future Directions’ and its aim is to promote the submission of proposals for oral presentations and posters on issues related to:
- New theoretical issues arising from the work with corpus in the current scenario
- Applications of corpora for terminology, translation, lexicography, teaching and language acquisition, etc.
- The creation of corpus and its exploitation in descriptive and applied research
- The use of technologies for the analysis of texts for different purposes
- Advances in computer technology for the compilation, use and analysis of corpus
- Corpus and ICT
Please click on the following link to upload your submission:
New deadline: 21 January 2013
Paper and poster proposals must be written in English or Spanish, and should contain between 500 and 550 words (excluding references).
When filling out the abstract submission form in EasyChair, please choose only one topic and only one type of contribution (paper or poster).
1. Corpus design, compilation and types
2. Discourse, literary analysis and corpora
3. Corpus-based grammatical studies
4. Corpus-based lexicology and lexicography
5. Corpora, contrastive studies and translation
6. Corpus and linguistic variation
7. Corpus-based computational linguistics
8. Corpora, language acquisition and teaching
9. Special uses of corpus linguistics
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 10-Jan-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.