LINGUIST List 24.1752|
Fri Apr 19 2013
Jobs: Modified: Multiple Languages; Comp Ling; Text/Corpus Ling; Translation: PhD Student, University of Zurich
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Martin Volk <volkcl.uzh.ch>
Subject: Modified: Multiple Languages; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation: PhD Student, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Zurich
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.cl.uzh.ch
Job Rank: PhD Student in Computational Linguistics
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation
Required Language(s): English (eng)
**Please note the modifications to the job rank and the contact information.
The Institute of Computational Linguistics at the University of Zurich is looking for a PhD student in Computational Linguistics to work in a joint project with the English department on 'Large-Scale Annotation and Alignment of Parallel Corpora for the Investigation of Linguistic Variation'. The project aims at annotating and aligning multi-lingual parallel corpora (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian and Finnish), which will be used to study variable article use in English and German. Funding is available for a period of three years and may be extended.
- Master or Diploma in Computational Linguistics or related field
- Strong programming skills
- Languages: good English and German skills; other languages are a plus
- Develop word-aligned and annotated parallel corpora for the language pairs English-German, English-French, English-Spanish (at a later stage: English-Russian and English-Finnish)
- Develop a corpus query system for the investigation of large aligned and annotated parallel corpora
- Salary according to the Swiss National Science Foundation rates (i.e. 42,000 CHF - 48,000 CHF per annum)
- Support for conference and summer school attendance
- Small and enthusiastic team
- High standard of living in one of the most attractive European cities: Zurich
Proposed starting date: 01-August-2013
Applications (including a CV and academic record) should be sent to Prof. Dr. Martin Volk. See contact email.
Application Deadline: 31-May-2013
Email Address for Applications: volkcl.uzh.ch
Professor Martin Volk
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 19-Apr-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.