LINGUIST List 24.1914|
Fri May 03 2013
Jobs: Multiple Languages; General Ling: Instructor, West Valley-Mission Community College District
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Human Resources <noemailsjobelephant.com>
Subject: Multiple Languages; General Linguistics: Instructor, West Valley-Mission Community College District, California, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: West Valley-Mission Community College District
Department: World Languages
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.wvm.edu/
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
The West Valley College World Languages Department is seeking qualified instructors to serve as associate faculty to teach foreign language courses on a part-time contract basis.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, ability, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of linguistically and culturally diverse student populations are encouraged to apply.
Assignment may include day and/or evening classes, Mondays through Saturdays as needed during spring, summer, fall and/or winter sessions. This recruitment process is to pre-qualify you for possible future assignments. Successful completion will result in your name joining a pool of instructors qualified to teach one or more of the following languages in the World Language Department at West Valley College:
Work location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload up to a maximum of 67% (percent). Salary is prorated based on a minimum salary range of $18,261 - $20,955; maximum earnable up to $29,559.
- Master’s degree in the language being taught OR
- Bachelor’s degree in the language being taught AND Master’s degree in another language or linguistics OR
- Possess a valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in a Foreign Language, Ancient or Modern OR
- The equivalent of the above.
- Degrees must be earned from an accredited institution.
- Candidates with degrees not identical to the required state or local qualifications must apply for equivalency by completing the equivalency form, which is part of the application package. This form must be completed for employment consideration.
- Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U.S. degrees by a certified U.S. credential review service. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice; thus, will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach, counsel, or work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds.
- To be considered an applicant for a position at West Valley-Mission Community College District, all materials requested in the job announcement must be received no later than the deadline. Incomplete and/or late applications will not receive committee consideration.
- If transcripts are required, include copies of ALL college transcripts with your application to verify all degrees earned and college coursework taken. Certified copies are only required at time of hire.
- Copies of diplomas, grade reports, graduation petitions, transcript evaluations requests, or similar documents WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of transcripts.
- Foreign transcripts and degrees require official certification of equivalency to U.S. transcripts and degrees by a certified U.S. review service at the time of application.
- DO NOT SEND unrequested materials. Unrequested materials will not be used for consideration of employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the application URL below.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: 28-May-2013
Web Address for Applications: http://apptrkr.com/339132
Human Resources Human Resources
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 03-May-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.