LINGUIST List 24.1922|
Fri May 03 2013
Jobs: Applied Ling; General Ling: Full Professor/Professor, Macquarie University
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Rosalind De Sailly <appliedlinguisticsdesailly.com.au>
Subject: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Full Professor/Professor, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Macquarie University
Job Location: Sydney, Australia
Web Address: http://www.ling.mq.edu.au/
Job Rank: Full Professor; Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics
- Progressive and supportive environment
- Competitive salary package
- Join a major academic TESOL group and program
Linguistics at Macquarie has a long and proud tradition of innovation and distinction. Rated above world standard in the recent ERA quality assurance in research exercise, the Department of Linguistics at Macquarie University is one of the largest and most diverse in Australia, and one of the most recognised internationally. It has an extensive PhD program and successful postgraduate coursework programs in Applied Linguistics, TESOL, Translation & Interpreting, Audiology and Speech Pathology in addition to its highly-regarded undergraduate programs. This appointment is a rare opportunity to join a significant community in Applied Linguistics, including a team of academic colleagues, and a major international TESOL program that has more than 1,000 students from 30 countries either currently enrolled, or alumni.
We are seeking an individual with the vision and capability to take a leadership role in research and teaching in Applied Linguistics.
The successful appointee will be an experienced and established academic with an excellent record of scholarly achievement in research, teaching, and PhD supervision. S/he will have a strong record of attracting external research funding and research students, in addition to successful experience in teaching and administration, and will contribute to and provide leadership in these areas. The right person will bring a strength and ongoing interest in language learning.
Applications are encouraged from academics who have a strong research and teaching record in an area of Applied Linguistics relevant to the Department's profile and who meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership in applied linguistics research
- Outstanding track record of research publications, including quality applied linguistics journals
- Demonstrated success in attracting research funding, and ongoing commitment
- Extensive record of successful PhD supervision
- Ability to teach and show leadership in core areas of the postgraduate applied linguistics programs, especially in TESOL.
- A relevant doctorate
- Demonstrated interest in cross-disciplinary research collaboration
- Extensive experience in managing postgraduate degree programs
- Experience in distance/online education
- Familiarity with a range of learning and research technologies
- International profile and experience in international student recruitment
- To be considered for this position applicants must respond to each of the criteria.
- A competitive package will be offered including base salary in the range of $159,533 - $167,074 plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading.
Macquarie University will assist with the relocation of the appointee and their dependents as needed.
- Full-time, continuing (permanent)
For a confidential discussion or to obtain an information brochure, please contact Dr Rosalind De Sailly at the contact phone number or email address below by 5 July 2013.
Application Deadline: 05-Jul-2013
Email Address for Applications: appliedlinguisticsdesailly.com.au
Rosalind De Sailly
Phone: 61 414 574 945
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 03-May-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.