LINGUIST List 24.2046|
Tue May 14 2013
Jobs: Spanish; General Ling: Manager, Google
Editor for this issue: Caylen Cole-Hazel
From: Ara Kim <DataOpsMangmail.com>
Subject: Spanish; General Ling: Manager, Google, California, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google
Job Location: California, USA
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
As a Linguistic Project Manager and a native-level speaker of MX Spanish, you
will oversee and manage all work related to achieving high data quality for
speech projects in your own language.
You will be based in an office location in Los Angeles, CA, managing a team of
data evaluators and working on a number of projects towards Speech research:
ASR, TTS, and NLP.
- Training, managing and overseeing the work of your team
- Creating verbalisation rules, such as expanding URLs, email addresses,
- Creating annotation conventions
- Evaluating data quality
- Providing expertise on pronunciation and phonotactics
- Working with QA tools according to given guidelines and using in-house tools
- Native-level speaker of MX Spanish (with good command of the standard
dialect) and fluent in English
- Must have attended elementary school in the country where the language is
- Keen ear for phonetic nuances and attention to detail; knowledge of the
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in
current speech, mobile and online technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Previous project management and people management experience
- Previous experience with speech/NLP-related projects a plus
- Advanced degree in Linguistics preferred; experience with Computational
Linguistics a plus (Also a plus: proficiency with HTML, XML, and some programming language;
previous experience working in a Linux environment)
Project duration: 9-12 months. This is a contract position working though a
staffing agency and we cannot offer visa sponsorship or relocation package.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English
(PDF format preferred) with "Speech Linguistic Project Manager [MX Spanish]"
in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: DataOpsMangmail.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 14-May-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.