LINGUIST List 24.2047|
Tue May 14 2013
Jobs: Spanish; General Ling: Speech Data Evaluator, Google
Editor for this issue: Caylen Cole-Hazel
From: Ara Kim <DataOpsMangmail.com>
Subject: Spanish; General Linguistics: Speech Data Evaluator, Google, California, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google
Job Location: California, USA
Job Rank: Speech Data Evaluator
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
As a Speech Data Evaluator and a native-level speaker of MX Spanish, you will be part of a team based in an office location in Los Angeles, CA, processing large amounts of linguistic data and carrying out a number of tasks to improve the quality of Google’s speech synthesis and speech recognition in your own language.
- Classifying and annotating linguistic data
- Labeling text for disambiguation, expansion, and text normalization
- Providing phonetic transcription of lexicon entries according to given standards and using in-house tools
- Native-level speaker of MX Spanish (with good command of the standard dialect) and fluent in English
- Passion for language with good knowledge of orthography and grammar in the target language
- A degree in a language-related field such as linguistics, language teaching, translation, editing, writing, proofreading, or similar
- Keen interest in technology and computer-literate (should feel comfortable using in-house tools and should have an interest in current speech, mobile and online technology)
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
Project duration: 9-12 months. This is a contract position working though a staffing agency and we cannot offer visa sponsorship or relocation package.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Speech Data Evaluator [MX Spanish]" in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: DataOpsMangmail.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 14-May-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.