LINGUIST List 24.2143|
Tue May 21 2013
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Anita Kurniawati <anita.kurniawatistaff.uksw.edu>
Subject: 7th International Seminar 2013, Satya Wacana Christian University
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 7th International Seminar 2013, Satya Wacana Christian University
Date: 20-Nov-2013 - 21-Nov-2013
Location: Salatiga, Indonesia
Contact Person: Priscilla Eka Rini, Dyah Pancawara
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://fll.uksw.edu/seminars/2013-brochure/
Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics
Call Deadline: 01-Jul-2013
The Faculty of Language and Literature, Satya Wacana Christian University invites all colleagues from all over the world to participate in its 7th international seminar, to be held on 20-21 November 2013, with the theme Language Policy and Planning: What are the Issues?
Language policy and planning have recently become interesting topics to discuss, particularly in multilingual countries such as Indonesia, Philippines, China, etc. Decision on which particular language to use creates a dilemma since exposing a certain language will sacrifice the mastery of other language (s). Moreover, many factors influence the language choice.
This seminar will provide a platform for language teachers, scholars and policy makers to share their insights, best practices and challenges in language policy and planning, especially for multilingual contexts.
Call for Papers:
Scholars, teachers, professionals, and others interested in language policy are encouraged to send your abstract and paper on the following areas:
- Language policy and planning in the AEC era
- Why language policy fails?
- Actors in language policy
- Religion and language policy
- Language and global popular culture
- Language policy implementation
- Language policy in the classroom
- Multicultural literature
- Other related topics
Abstracts sent must meet the following criteria:
1. They should be within the topic areas.
2. They should be written in 150-200 words with a title not exceeding twelve words and 75-100 words biodata. Abstracts outside the word limit will not be accepted.
3. They should indicate the type of presentation (paper, workshop, or poster).
4. They should be submitted online at http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/LPP2013.
More information is available on our website http://fll.uksw.edu/seminars/2013-brochure/.
Submission deadline: July 1, 2013
Acceptance notification: August 1, 2013
Full paper deadline: October 15, 2013
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 21-May-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.