LINGUIST List 24.2275|
Mon Jun 03 2013
Calls: Semantics, Pragmatics, Translation, Philosophy of Lang/Poland
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Alina Kwiatkowska <akwiatuni.lodz.pl>
Subject: Intersemiotic Translation
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Intersemiotic Translation
Short Title: INTERSEM
Date: 25-Sep-2013 - 27-Sep-2013
Location: Lodz, Poland
Contact Person: Aleksandra Majdzinska
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://sites.google.com/site/intersemiotics/
Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Philosophy of Language; Pragmatics; Semantics; Translation
Call Deadline: 20-Jun-2013
25-27 September 2013
University of Lodz, Poland
The aim of the conference is to present and discuss the most recent research on intersemiotic translation, understood broadly here as comprising transfer from one semiotic mode to another, but also as interaction between the different modes.
For a list of invited speakers and other information please consult the web page:
2nd Call for Papers:
We invite contributions from linguists, literary scholars, arts and media scholars, translation specialists, on any aspect of those topics, including e.g.:
- Theoretical reflection on the differences between language and non-verbal sign systems
- The equivalence of stylistic devices in different modalities
- The pragmatics of intersemiotic translation
- Visual to verbal translation: description; ekphrasis; radio reporting; football commentary; subtitling and audio-description; etc.
- Verbal to visual translation: illustration; screen adaptation; novel-to-comic adaptation; etc.
- Translation of visual and verbal forms into music, and vice versa
- Forms of interaction
- Concrete and visual poetry
- Comics and graphic novels
- New media
- Intersemiotic reference (intertextuality)
We welcome a broad range of approaches to those and similar topics, with theoretical, empirical, critical, or pedagogical focus.
Abstracts (of ca. 300 words) should be sent to intersemtransgmail.com by 20 June 2013.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 03-Jun-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.