LINGUIST List 24.2342|
Fri Jun 07 2013
Jobs: English; Language Acquisition: Consultant, Rosetta Stone
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Lisa Frumkes <language-content-ggrosettastone.com>
Subject: English; Language Acquisition: Consultant, Rosetta Stone, Washington, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Rosetta Stone
Job Location: Washington, USA
Web Address: http://www.rosettastone.com
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): English (eng)
At Rosetta Stone, our mission is to deliver the best technology-based solutions for learning languages. Every day, our innovations help people improve their lives and make the world a better place.
We are currently seeking lesson authors on a contract basis to write and edit Business English content for adult learners of English as a Second Language. Authors will be paid on a per-lesson basis, with rapid increase in pay scale based on total number of completed lessons.
You will be able to work from anywhere and complete work on your own schedule, provided you are able to meet agreed-upon deadlines. Work will commence in July 2013 and likely continue through November 2013. It is not necessary for you to be available during this whole period, but preference will be given to candidates who can commit to completing a larger number of lessons.
We will train you on standards and authoring tools, and provide you with learning objectives for your lessons. You must provide your own up-to-date computer and reliable internet connection.
To be considered, you MUST:
- Be a native speaker of English
- Have at least two years’ experience teaching English to adult non-native speakers
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in education, linguistics, or closely related field
- Be able to quickly learn to use a straightforward web-based authoring tool (similar in complexity to Powerpoint)
- Be able to effectively manage time in order to complete lessons on agreed-upon deadlines.
- Be able to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week for at least two months starting early July 2013.
Ideal candidates will:
- Hold a Master’s degree in TESOL or closely related field
- Have experience teaching Business English
- Be able to demonstrate ample professional curriculum development experience
- Have experience creating e-learning/online content
- Have a strong working understanding of CEFR, especially as it relates to intermediate and advanced learners
If you’re interested in this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. Please send the following documents in .pdf format to language-content-ggrosettastone.com:
1. A cover letter addressing the above requirements and desired qualifications, as well as the number of hours per week you are available in July through November 2013
2. Your resume
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: language-content-ggrosettastone.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 07-Jun-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.