LINGUIST List 24.2437|
Fri Jun 14 2013
Jobs: English; Phonetics: Phonetician, Appen Butler Hill
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Danielle Davis <djdavisappenbutlerhill.com>
Subject: English; Phonetics: Phonetician, Appen Butler Hill
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Appen Butler Hill
Job Location: ----------------
Web Address: http://appenbutlerhill.com
Job Rank: Phonetician
Specialty Areas: Phonetics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Phoneticians – UK English and Australian English
Appen Butler Hill, a global language technology solutions and consulting firm.
The successful UK English and Australian English phonetician candidates will be native speakers of the target language (either UK English or AU English) and have experience in phonetic data analysis, including segmentation and synthesis evaluation in the target language.
- Location: Remote, Global
- Hours: 20-hours-per-week position
- Length of assignment: starting on June 17 and ending on September 22, 2013.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly skilled in phonetics (at least an M.A. in linguistics)
- Native speaker of either UK English or Australian English
- Knowledge of the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Knowledge of phonetics and phonology of the target language, including prosody, allophonic variants, register and dialect variations
- Great listening skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with audio transcription tools, e.g. Praat, Audacity, etc.
- Availability for 20 hours per week, for the 13 week duration of the project
- Some experience in language technology, particularly in speech processing--either in academia or in industry is welcome
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BUTLERHILL&cws=1&rid=596
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 14-Jun-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.