LINGUIST List 24.251|
Tue Jan 15 2013
Summer Schools: Summer School in Cognitive Linguistics/United Kingdom
Editor for this issue: Caylen Cole-Hazel
From: Patrick Rebuschat <p.cogling-summerschoolbangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Summer School in Cognitive Linguistics/United Kingdom
E-mail this message to a friend
Summer School in Cognitive Linguistics/United Kingdom
Host Institution: Bangor University
Dates: 22-Jul-2013 - 26-Jul-2013
Location: Bangor, North Wales, United Kingdom
Focus: This event provides a unique opportunity for students and researchers to get a snapshot of the exciting work done in cognitive linguistics and to discuss their research.
Minimum Education Level: Undergraduate
The Summer School in Cognitive Linguistics is aimed at postgraduate students, post-docs, and early career researchers. However, applications from advanced undergraduate students (in their final year of study) will be considered, as long as they have a strong background in linguistics, psychology, education or a related field and an active interest in cognitive science.
The Summer School in Cognitive Linguistics is a one-week international
programme held at Bangor University. The Summer School will consist of 16
courses on topics in cognitive linguistics and will be taught by leading
researchers in the field.
Our teaching faculty will be drawn from across the cognitive sciences and
include local instructors as well as distinguished researchers from outside
Bangor. It will also feature three keynote speeches and a poster symposium,
during which participants can present their work and obtain feedback.
The Summer School will also feature keynote speeches by Gilles Fauconnier,
Adele Goldberg, and Vyvyan Evans, and a poster session during which
participants can present their work and obtain feedback.
- Benjamin Bergen (University of California, San Diego)
- Silke Brandt (Lancaster University)
- Daniel Casasanto (New School for Social Research, New York)
- Alan J. Cienki (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Ewa Dabrowska (Northumbria University)
- Christopher Hart (Northumbria University)
- Willem Hollmann (Lancaster University)
- June Luchjenbroers (Bangor University)
- Laura Michaelis (University of Colorado, Boulder)
- Aliyah Morgenstern (Université Paris III - Sorbonne Nouvelle)
- Patrick Rebuschat (Bangor University)
- Gabriella Rundblad (King's College London)
- Christopher Shank (Bangor University)
- Luc Steels (Vrije Universiteit Brussels)
- Thora Tenbrink (Bangor University)
- Alan Wallington (Bangor University)
Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
Registration: 25-Oct-2012 to 01-Jun-2013
Contact Person: Patrick Rebuschat
Apply on the web: http://www.bangor.ac.uk/cogling-summerschool/registration.php.en?menu=5&catid=10685&subid=0
Registration is now open. We will offer an early-bird fee until April 15,
2013. Afterwards, prices will increase. Registration closes on June 1, 2013.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 15-Jan-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.