LINGUIST List 24.2569|
Tue Jun 25 2013
Calls: General Linguistics/Portugal
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
From: Bruno Fernandes <Bruno86fernandesgmail.com>
Subject: VIII Forum of Linguistic Sharing
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: VIII Forum of Linguistic Sharing
Date: 22-Nov-2013 - 22-Nov-2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Contact Person: CLUNL's Young Researchers Group
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.clunl.edu.pt/PT/?id=1552&mid=7
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 30-Jun-2013
CLUNL’s Young Researchers Group is pleased to announce the VIII Forum of Linguistic Sharing, which will take place on 22 November 2013 at Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas - Universidade Nova de Lisboa. The aim of the congress is to give the opportunity to all-level students to present their research and interchanging opinions. Thereby, we invite all young researchers who work in different fields of Linguistics to participate in this congress.
2nd Call for Papers:
We would like to remind you that only undergraduate students, BA graduates, MA students, masters and PhD students can present papers in this congress. Each author can propose only one paper and only via email (jiclunlfcsh.unl.pt). Works in co-authorship with supervisors will not be accepted.
The available modes of presentation are the following:
- Oral presentation (for MA students, masters and PhD students): each presentation can last up to 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes for debate and questions.
- Poster (for undergraduate students and BA graduates): discussion with participants regarding the contents displayed in the poster. The session will last 30 minutes.
The format of the abstract should be as follows:
- Author(s): name(s), affiliation, degree/attended course and email address
- Area(s) of Linguistics
- Mode of presentation (oral or poster)
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
- Aspects to be addressed: topic and its relevance, objectives, methodology, description of results
- Text formatting: Times New Roman, 12pt, spacing 1.5, A4, with 2.5cm margins, in a Word file
- References (maximum 10)
- Keywords (maximum 5)
Two copies of each abstract should be sent: an anonymous one and an identified one. Papers can be sent in Portuguese, English, Spanish and/or French, which will be the working languages in the conference.
Once the summaries are evaluated and selected by a proper Scientific Committee, the result will be conveyed to each author respectively and payment instructions will be explained.
Several possibilities regarding the publishing of the proceedings of the Forum are under study, namely the papers related to the communications presented in our conference.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 25-Jun-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.