LINGUIST List 24.2793|
Wed Jul 10 2013
Jobs: Applied Ling; Comp Ling; Lang Acq; Lang Documentation; Socioling: Content Developer, Alelo
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Kate Henderson <khendersonalelo.com>
Subject: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics: Content Developer, Alelo, California, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Alelo
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.alelo.com
Job Rank: Content Developer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics
**This position has been filled. **
Alelo consists of a unique multidisciplinary team of talented individuals who work in a highly collaborative environment. We employ top professionals in artificial intelligence, computational linguistics, speech recognition, human-computer interaction, game design, graphics arts, animation, media production, instructional design, project management, anthropology, linguistics, and foreign languages.
We are seeking a Content Developer (Linguist) to join our growing development team. In this position, you will be involved in multiple facets of researching, designing, creating, and reviewing instructional content that leverages social simulation to teach communication skills.
- Authoring instructional content involving language and/or culture
- Designing and implementing conversations for instructional social simulations
- Recruiting, coordinating, and interviewing subject matter experts
- Conducting and validating research for courses
- Using proprietary and public tools for organizing and implementing course content
- Collaborating and providing input on the work of other content developers
- Testing and bug-fixing of content
Skills and Experience must include:
- 1-3 years of related work experience, which could include, but is not limited to, teaching language, web content development, instructional content development, curriculum design, game design, academic research
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistics
- Exemplary English writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proven initiative and ability to work both independently and in small teams
- Desire to have ownership and responsibility for your work
Preference will be given to candidates whose background includes:
- Experience conducting linguistic fieldwork and/or working with native speakers
- Experience analyzing data resulting from linguistic fieldwork and/or work with native speakers
- Knowledge of additional languages besides English (Dutch or Portuguese a plus)
- Experience coordinating projects and/or leading small teams
- Experience teaching and/or tutoring
- Experience living abroad
- Master’s degree in Linguistics or related field
- Interest in applying talents to achieve socially responsible goals
This position requires US Citizenship for government clearance eligibility.
This position is full time and is on-site at our corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Alelo is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Local (Los Angeles area) candidates only. No immigration sponsorship (H1B and similar). No outsourcing companies. No agencies. No consultants/contractors. Absolutely no phone calls, faxes, or visits.
To apply, please visit the application URL below.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Web Address for Applications: http://www.applicantstack.com/client/alelo/x/openings.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 10-Jul-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.