LINGUIST List 24.3027|
Thu Jul 25 2013
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Eiichi Yamamoto <yamamotokansai-u.ac.jp>
Subject: 16th Annual Conference of the Pragmatics Society of Japan
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 16th Annual Conference of the Pragmatics Society of Japan
Short Title: 16th Conference of PSJ
Date: 07-Dec-2013 - 08-Dec-2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact Person: Tetsuharu Koyama
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.pragmatics.gr.jp/conference_e.html
Linguistic Field(s): Pragmatics
Call Deadline: 31-Jul-2013
We are pleased to announce that the 16h Annual Conference of the Pragmatics Society of Japan will be held on December 7 and 8, 2013 at Keio University in Tokyo, Japan. With Dr. Mira Ariel as keynote-lecture speaker, our 16th conference aims at bringing together students and researchers working in this growing field of pragmatics and its related areas.
2nd Call for Papers:
This is to remind you that our call for papers is due on July 31.
1. Lecture Presentation: Lectures 25 minutes + QA 10 minutes
2. Poster Presentation: 1 hour 40 minutes
3. Workshop: 1 hour 40 minutes (Organization only)
Two languages: Japanese or English
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
1. Deadline for submitting abstracts: July 31, 2013
2. Online submission page: EasyChair for PSJ 2013
3. Submission of Abstracts:
Abstracts are invited for paper presentations on any aspect of pragmatic analysis from a variety of fields, including historical pragmatics, cognitive pragmatics, the interface between pragmatics and other disciplines, interlanguage pragmatics, social pragmatics, comparative or contrastive pragmatics studies.
Abstracts must be in English and must be submitted electronically on our online submission page, as attachment files in MS Word format (*.doc, or *docx) and, if possible, in PDF format (*.pdf).
Abstracts should be approximately 500 words in length, not including references, figures, tables, and graphs. Abstracts are accepted in the following categories:
- Lecture presentation
- Poster presentation
Also note that the conference office only accepts submissions from members of the Society. The first author should be a member in the case of a group presentation. For membership, please contact the business office, secretary[at]pragmatics.gr.jp.
4. Notification of the selection: After October 10
5. Contact person: Email: presentation[at]pragmatics.gr.jp (Tetsuharu Koyama)
Online Submission Page:
The page ‘EasyChair for PSJ2013’ can be accessed at:
How to Create EasyChair Account:
To use EasyChair, you must first create an account.
1. Access ‘EasyChair for PSJ2013’ then click ‘sign up for an account’.
2. Step 1: Captcha.
3. Step 2: Fill out the following fields: First name, Last name, Email. Then click ‘Continue’.
4. ‘Account Application Received’ will appear.
5. You will receive an email containing a URL.
6. When you receive the email, click the URL. Please input an account name and password, then click ‘Create my account’.
7. Your account will be created.
How to Submit at EasyChair:
1. Access EasyChair for PSJ2013 and sign in to access your account.
2. Click ‘New Submission’.
3. Fill out the following fields:
Type of presentation (Lecture presentation/Poster presentation/Workshop)
Presentation language (Japanese/English)
Topic area (Choose one or two of the following):
- Deixis and reference
- Pragmatic inference
- Speech acts
- Politeness and socio-linguistic approaches
- Cognitive linguistic approaches
- Relevance theory
- Pragmatics and grammar
- Pragmatics and language education
- Discourse analytic approaches
- Conversation analysis, ethnomethodology
- Historical pragmatics
4. Upload paper: Papers can only be submitted as Word or pdf files.
5. Click ‘Submit’.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 25-Jul-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.