LINGUIST List 24.3055|
Fri Jul 26 2013
Calls: Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics/Thailand
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
From: Andrew Lian <andrew.lianandrewlian.com>
Subject: 12th AsiaCALL International Conference
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 12th AsiaCALL International Conference
Short Title: AsiaCALL2013
Date: 20-Nov-2013 - 23-Nov-2013
Location: Khon Kaen, Thailand
Contact Person: Kalyan Chattopadhyay
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://asiacall.org
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 05-Aug-2013
AsiaCALL2013 International conference (20 - 23 November 2013) in Khon Kaen University, Thailand
Anyone with an interest in technology-enhanced language-learning can participate and does not have to live in Asia or be teaching an Asian language. In fact, most participants teach EFL.
AsiaCALL2013, the 12th International Conference of AsiaCALL (the Asia Association of Computer Assisted Language Learning), will be hosted by Khon Kaen University at Khon Kaen, Thailand, from 20 to 23 November 2013.
The Conference theme is Innovation and Renovation in TELL in Asia. The programme will include a Doctoral Consortium and Workshops as part of our NEW Pre-conference Events, as well as Plenaries, a Symposium, an Open Mic. session (also a new event), Individual Papers, and Workshops.
We also have a Special Fee Structure and Four Scholarships to help delegates from Low-Income Group Countries.
As conference dates are just before Thanksgiving week, U.S. participants can extend their stay in the region, do a bit of tourism or visit colleagues in relaxed style.
Keynote speakers: Aisha Walker (University of Leeds, UK), Rachel Edita O. Roxas (De La Salle University, Philippines) and Sonthida Keyuravong (King Mongkut University of Technology, Thailand).
Further details including the Call for Papers are available from our website http://asiacall.org/ by the Conferences TAB, then clicking on AsiaCALL2013.
Call for papers: 5 May - 5 August 2013
Notification of acceptance: 15 August 2013
Early registration: 1 August – 30 September 2013
Regular registration: 1 October - 20 November 2013
On-site registration: 20 - 21 November 2013
Pre-conference workshops and doctoral consortium: 20 November 2013
Conference proper (inc. plenaries and concurrent sessions: 21 - 23 November 2013
Vice-President, AsiaCALL (Communication, Networking, Events)
Call for Papers:
We are seeking proposals for papers/workshops from language practitioners, CALL enthusiasts, users of computer technology for teaching and learning and other interested persons on a wide range of themes, including but not limited to:
‘Innovation and Renovation in TELL in Asia’
- New theoretical models for technology-enhanced learning and teaching
- Academic and professional development programs in TELL/CALL
- Developments in mobile teaching and learning
- Collaborative and/or interactive learning with technology
- Teaching and learning practices with social media technologies and beyond
- E-learning and its challenges
- Minimally invasive technology and language learning
- The role of teacher and learner in technology-enhanced learning
- Teacher education and technology integration
- Digital game-based learning and gamification
- Virtual communities and teaching learning practices
- Technologies for teacher education
- Creating and/or managing online teaching learning environments
- New developments in pedagogy of language teaching and/or content with technology
- Technology & assessment practices
- Multimedia-based teaching and learning
- National, regional and international challenges and/or reforms in technology use
- Cyber-culture, identity and language
- Blended learning and technologies
- Other related areas
Types of Presentation:
Papers: 30 minutes + 10 minutes Q&A
Workshops: 90 minutes
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 26-Jul-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.