LINGUIST List 24.3115|
Wed Jul 31 2013
Jobs: Comp Ling; Morphology; Syntax: Language Engineer, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: EMEA Jobs <emeajobsnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Syntax: Language Engineer, Nuance Communications, Zurich, Switzerland
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Job Rank: Language Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Syntax
Job Title: Language Engineer
Role Type: Full time contract for 9 months
Location: Switzerland Zurich
Please send applications to: emeajobsnuance.com
The position as Language Engineer is within the Languages team in R&D TTS, developing and maintaining linguistic components for Nuance’s flagship TTS product “Vocalizer”.
As part of the TTS R&D organization, you will be contributing to the development of text-to-speech technology for all types of markets and platforms. Representative tasks will include:
- Development of linguistic components for various languages and tasks, for instance:
(1) Text normalization
(2) Morphological analysis
(3) Syntactic analysis
(5) Prosodic prediction
All of the above include both rule-based approaches as well as data driven methods.
- Testing and evaluation of linguistic components
- Development of new tools supporting development and testing
- Responding to reported issues reported from deployed systems, analyzing, fixing and releasing.
- Potentially managing projects of various scope and team sizes
Skills and experience required:
- Basic scripting skills in python/perl/equivalent, computational linguistics, experience from language technology work
- The successful candidate is a fast learner with an analyitcal mindset and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Experience from version control systems (e.g. hg, svn) a strong plus.
- Strong programming / technical skills a strong plus.
- Enjoying working in a team as well as driving individual initiatives.
- Master’s in computational linguistics / computer science or equivalent
We offer a competitive compensation package and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: emeajobsnuance.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 31-Jul-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.