LINGUIST List 24.3252|
Mon Aug 12 2013
Jobs: English; Spanish; Applied Ling; Comp Ling: Natural Language Processing Analyst, Text4Assist, Inc
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Text4AssistRecruiter <t4arecruitingintgro.com>
Subject: English; Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics: Natural Language Processing Analyst, Text4Assist, Inc, Illinois, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Text4Assist, Inc
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: http://text4assist.com
Job Rank: Natural Language Processing Analyst
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Customer Interaction Analyst-Natural Language Processing
Text4Assist is a revolutionary service driven by a natural language processing engine which permits customer care departments to receive and interpret questions and requests from customers via natural language text (SMS, web, email, etc) and to provide automated personalized responses to those inquires quickly and accurately using text channels. Text4Assist is a fast-growing market leader in Europe and is establishing a US base in Chicago.
This is an outstanding opportunity for entry-level candidates interested in natural language processing (NLP), automated language interpretation, and customer interaction systems. The NLP (Natural Language Processing) engine specialist will be responsible for:
a) Analyzing queries received by customer-care departments and prioritizing and preparing NLP engine responses to key customer queries
a) Formulating NLP rules governing the processing of incoming text requests and responses
b) Testing the effectiveness of the NLP engine and constant improvement of accuracy
c) Monitoring the overall performance of the engine, diagnosing reasons for performance, proactively proposing improvements and reporting to stakeholders
- Collaborative personality: Demonstrated ability to work together in a small team and to interact in a positive and effective manner with clients and coworkers .
- Data analysis: The ability to analyze customer query history data, language used in communications, and customer interaction patterns and develop logical NLP engine response rules (no programming experience required)
- Experience with text or speech recognition a plus but not mandatory; experience in use of linguistics to analyze communication patterns a plus
- Understanding and experience with customer-care (call center) operations a plus
- Proactive personality, ability to anticipate problems and propose solutions
- Willingness to travel to client locations
- Preferred candidate will have a Bachelors degree in IT/Computer Science, Math/Statistics or Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing combined with a secondary degree focus in linguistics or scientific communications. Fluency in a second language in addition to English, particularly Spanish, is a strong plus. GPA>3.0 required.
- This is an outstanding entry-level opportunity for individuals with 1-2 years of experience which includes skills listed above. Experience in data analysis, customer interaction analysis, linguistic analysis, customer center processes and analysis, IT systems analysis, business process analysis will be considered. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. Background checks, education verification, verification with employers and drug testing are required.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://text4assist.theresumator.com/apply/Qmy5ag/Customer-Interaction-Analyst-Natural-Language-Processing.html
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 12-Aug-2013
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.